#11WellKnownNomad(Topic Creator)Posted 5/26/2013 9:54:50 AM
This would make a huge difference.

Considering how Microsoft has been treating indies, it would
---
The intellectual savior of the masses
#12Enigma149Posted 5/26/2013 9:59:13 AM
SegavsCapcom posted...
IcedEarthaholic posted...
I would be cool with that, I am sure now that indie developers will come to Nintendo in droves now considering the error MS made. I know I won't be buying XB1 here.

I wouldn't be so sure. Sony has a very indie friendly console coming out.

Sony and Nintendo both have very open platforms, with almost no restrictions (heck, I think some indie devs can get a Wii U devkit for free). They'll probably both enjoy loads of indie support.
---
3DS: 4897-5935-1924; NNID: CrimsonEnigma; Steam: CrimsonEnigma
''If you think a system will make you look mature, you ain't mature'' -squatch22
#13-NotoriousLynxPosted 5/26/2013 10:02:23 AM
Indie gaming is crap. I hope Nintendo kills that cancer like they did with Let's Plays.
#14kaliskonigPosted 5/26/2013 10:40:30 AM
I'd love that. Everyone would just complain about the lack of Zelda and Mario though >_>
#15usaamahlinkPosted 5/26/2013 10:52:13 AM
-NotoriousLynx posted...
Indie gaming is crap. I hope Nintendo kills that cancer like they did with Let's Plays.

LOL at the ignorance. Indies are only going to gain importance going forwards, they bring creativity adn increasingly high quality games as they have more tools available to them like Unity and Nintendo Web Framework. If Wii U can capture that market better than PS4, I say Nintendo will have the best games this gen.
---
Currently playing: Chrono Trigger, The Last Story, Vandal Hearts, Zelda-ALttP, Xenoblade Chronicles, Age of Empires II - The Conquerors. SSB Brawl <-(always)
#16-NotoriousLynxPosted 5/26/2013 11:00:49 AM
usaamahlink posted...
-NotoriousLynx posted...

LOL at the ignorance. Indies are only going to gain importance going forwards, they bring creativity adn increasingly high quality games as they have more tools available to them like Unity and Nintendo Web Framework. If Wii U can capture that market better than PS4, I say Nintendo will have the best games this gen.

"increasingly high quality"

One of the first big indie titles that really started this trend was Braid, which is one of the only indie titles I can honestly call high quality, and it really pains me to say it because of how pretentious it is and its creator. You can actually see how long Blow worked on that game. That music, art style, gameplay, puzzles, ect.

Indie games now all have an ugly "throwback" retro style because of how lazy the designers are.

Yes, gameplay is center to games, but all the elements combined are what really make a product.
#17usaamahlinkPosted 5/27/2013 10:28:20 AM
-NotoriousLynx posted...
usaamahlink posted...
-NotoriousLynx posted...

"increasingly high quality"

One of the first big indie titles that really started this trend was Braid, which is one of the only indie titles I can honestly call high quality, and it really pains me to say it because of how pretentious it is and its creator. You can actually see how long Blow worked on that game. That music, art style, gameplay, puzzles, ect.

Indie games now all have an ugly "throwback" retro style because of how lazy the designers are.

Yes, gameplay is center to games, but all the elements combined are what really make a product.

Ah, lol you're making more sense with this tone, I agree with you, but at the same time there are high quality games out there that are the total package. I think it depends on what they try to do as well. Indies and deeper games like adventures, or RPGs dont usually go down too well, unless theyre really well done. However there are brilliant puzzle games especially (EDGE Extended is one that comes to mind, which would be great on the Wii U eShop and the Gamepad), but increasingly more ambitious and larger indie products which are great all around games as well. Im looking forward to strategy games, especially turn based or RTS's being produced for the Wii U eShop. To each his own, but there is no denying indies produce more games and fill gamers apetite, and provide new games, while waiting between the blockbuster Nintendo first party titles.
---
Currently playing: Chrono Trigger, The Last Story, Vandal Hearts, Zelda-ALttP, Xenoblade Chronicles, Age of Empires II - The Conquerors. SSB Brawl <-(always)
#18WellKnownNomad(Topic Creator)Posted 5/28/2013 12:33:45 PM
Its also how corrupt and irritating on how the current 3rd party publisher has been and with indies, there is more creativity in there
---
swallow's nest for the emperor, shark fin for your master, and sea cucumber for your friends
#19Bigmac909Posted 5/28/2013 1:08:45 PM
No thanks. Indie developers are making gaming news stories constantly. Nintendo Direct is basically the only time we get to hear stuff that's actually about Nintendo and their big first party games.
---
Eh, it's like 2 or 3 people who post a lot, making it look like more people hate the game than is actually true. -LordRattergun
#20PUNCHOUT1116Posted 5/28/2013 1:11:59 PM
I think Nintendo should do a few different directs next month. One for the upcoming first party games, one for the big third party games, and one for upcoming eshop stuff.

Yknow, really go all out since its E3 time. Just my thoughts
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.