Does the Wii to Wii U Virtual Console transferation fee seems so bad now?

#1FlippinTurtlesPosted 5/22/2013 6:40:59 PM
Now that Microsoft hath confirmed that all yer Xbox 360 XBLA games will not carry over to yer Xbox One, that is. "Those games will continue to run on your Xbox 360 for as long as your Xbox 360 runs," said one Phil Spencer, VP of Microsoft Game Studios.

The question now is, IF Mark of the Ninja is ported to the XBO, will I haz to pay full price, a discounted price, or will it be free to upgrade if I want to play it on the X1?

I don't haesh my Wii plugged in anymore. It's sitting neatly on a shelf next to Luigi figurines and some CHEW trade paperbacks. And even then, the Wii and Wii U are relatively small boxes as opposed to the 360 Slim and The Behemoth (but I guess you can use that thing as the table itself; sit your TV atop it too) which will both need to be plugged in symultanatiously. That's the power of backward compatibility.

And peeps complained about paying extra to play on the GamePad. Sharing the same architecture across three generations has paid off. I hope x86 was worth it.
---
Trypophobia
http://pbfcomics.com/archive_b/PBF134-Game_System.gif
#2TheCelticArcherPosted 5/22/2013 6:43:15 PM
They haven't even given a good reason besides "if you want backwards compatibility, then you're backwards". At least with Sony they blame the Cell, but there's no legit reason for X1 to not run any of that.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Black 2, Dota 2, Banjo-Kazooie (360), Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Wii U), & Need for Speed Most Wanted U.
#3FlippinTurtles(Topic Creator)Posted 5/22/2013 6:46:36 PM
The reason was that "only 5% of gamers use backward compatibility." Well duh, Microhardon, that's because you half-ass your backward compatibility. That statistic is at least 80% on new Ninty consoles.

Yes, I'm pulling that stat straight out my bunghole; but you know it in yer heart to be true.
---
Trypophobia
#4IokuaPosted 5/22/2013 6:47:03 PM
TheCelticArcher posted...
They haven't even given a good reason besides "if you want backwards compatibility, then you're backwards". At least with Sony they blame the Cell, but there's no legit reason for X1 to not run any of that.

Yes there is. Emulating the 360 is probably not possible on the XB1 and they're not going to include the full 360 chipset inside due to pricing issues and how unreliable it is. The "you're backwards" line is more than likely in reference to how backward it would be to put something extra into a system when you're not breaking even as it is.
---
Welcome to gamefaqs, where poverty is an illegal activity.
#5TalentedMPosted 5/22/2013 6:48:16 PM
WiiU supports backwards compatability with its old console, allows you to bring all your purchases from your Wii and continue playing them and even supports upgrading for a small fee so you can use the new features as the games come out...

I would say that I never thought a game company would do that, the others wont.

All those xbox arcade games and PS3 games I downloaded? Tough s*** I guess.
---
Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive. - MageGuyInfinity
#6TheCelticArcherPosted 5/22/2013 6:52:08 PM
Iokua posted...

Yes there is. Emulating the 360 is probably not possible on the XB1 and they're not going to include the full 360 chipset inside due to pricing issues and how unreliable it is. The "you're backwards" line is more than likely in reference to how backward it would be to put something extra into a system when you're not breaking even as it is.

They could figure out a way to emulate it, since it's boasting all this power.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Black 2, Dota 2, Banjo-Kazooie (360), Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Wii U), & Need for Speed Most Wanted U.
#7Avius_HerousPosted 5/22/2013 6:52:38 PM

Xbox 360 and Xbox 1 have completely different architecture. The 360 use PowerPc architecture and the Xbox 1 is x86 architecture which Sony is also going to be using in the PS4. This is the reason the X1 and the PS4 aren't backward compatible.
---
ASUS P8Z77-V, i5-3570k @ 4.5GHz, EVGA 670 FTW, 8GB DDR3, M4 128 SSD, 1TB Caviar Black, Corsair 500R White
#8FlippinTurtles(Topic Creator)Posted 5/22/2013 6:57:25 PM
Avius_Herous posted...
Xbox 360 and Xbox 1 have completely different architecture. The 360 use PowerPc architecture and the Xbox 1 is x86 architecture which Sony is also going to be using in the PS4. This is the reason the X1 and the PS4 aren't backward compatible.

The PS4 will run BC through the cloud. But it requires you to be always online (thus allowing them to spy into your living room) and cough up some dough for it.
---
Trypophobia
#9Hirokey123Posted 5/22/2013 6:57:51 PM
Avius_Herous posted...

And yes the PS4 is still setting up a streaming service in order to stream old games to the PS4.
---
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me
#10Avius_HerousPosted 5/22/2013 7:09:23 PM
Hirokey123 posted...
Avius_Herous posted...

And yes the PS4 is still setting up a streaming service in order to stream old games to the PS4.

I don't really consider it true backward compatibility but it is a nice work around if they price it right or do something like a "Netflix" type subscription service or even include it with "Playstation Plus". The only concerns is lag, on a lot of games it won't matter but on a fighter or something like Devil May Cry it will be a problem.
---
ASUS P8Z77-V, i5-3570k @ 4.5GHz, EVGA 670 FTW, 8GB DDR3, M4 128 SSD, 1TB Caviar Black, Corsair 500R White