Wow why is IGN so anti Nintendo and Wii U??? It makes me mad >:(

#51ThePCElitistPosted 5/23/2013 10:20:38 AM
Nintendo is hated for doing their own thing. They are still doing what they did in the 80's and this infuriates people to no extent. While Nintendo is different today than they used to be they are still doing the exact same thing they were doing 30 years ago. Releasing fun games for all ages.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wx6_MWVHZ4g
i5-2500k Hyper212+ @ 4.6Ghz, ASRock z77 extreme4, 16 GB DDR3 RipJaws X, MSI GTX 680 2GB Lightning
#52bratzboyPosted 5/23/2013 10:33:24 AM
Saying the Wii was a failure is an opinion, not fact. It may not be selling now but it still outsold the rest. The game catalogue for it is great, it had a vast audience which left it sold out for a very long time. Sales are on the decline because it's past it's prime, the other console's will meet that same fate too.

Calling the Wii U a failure is also bogus because it's a new console that hasn't peaked in any form. If AAA titles release and it still doesn't sell, then it's a failure. Right now it's just a console waiting for games that should've come sooner but this is common early in the life cycle of nearly all consoles.

As for IGN, if you're listening to Sony/MS podcasts, they will bash Nintendo because they want press and buzz and are most likely fanboys. Listen to Rich and Audrey (the Nintendo editors), they are more enthusiastic and less biased (I've actually agreed with many of Audrey's reviews, if it wasn't for her praise for games like Mario 3D land and FE, I wouldn't have gotten a 3DS when I did and I thoroughly enjoyed them).
#53DesperateMonkeyPosted 5/23/2013 10:35:27 AM
Terotrous posted...
Enigma149 posted...
Pretty much everyone in the gaming media hates Nintendo. It's just something you're going to have to get used to.

It's because Nintendo challenges the status quo, and these guys are the status quo.

Nintendo challenges the status quo by making the same games they've been making for the last 20 years and jumping on the tablet bandwagon? Or are they challenging the status quo by continuing to provide online services rivalling the idiocy of gamespy from the 90's?

MS and Sony are challenging the status quo. Nintendo is hanging on to the past.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#54Angleslam2KPosted 5/23/2013 10:40:11 AM
ChipChipperson posted...
The CoD generation grew up and got themselves jobs at gaming sites. They have no credibility or journalistic integrity, they're just fanboys with a paycheck.

Lol let's just bash CoD since it's hip. At least CoD has a a great online multiplayer mode unlike....welll every Wii/U game released.
---
ALL TOASTERS TOAST TOAST
#55metalmariolordPosted 5/23/2013 10:46:50 AM
zero_x300 posted...
Maybe its because Nintendo doesn't pay them to get good reviews.

Pretty much this I think
---
Do you judge games by graphics and not gameplay?Only like realistic games?
GO PLAY REAL LIFE!
#56AhnoldDoodPosted 5/23/2013 11:08:47 AM
DesperateMonkey posted...
Terotrous posted...
Enigma149 posted...
Pretty much everyone in the gaming media hates Nintendo. It's just something you're going to have to get used to.

It's because Nintendo challenges the status quo, and these guys are the status quo.

Nintendo challenges the status quo by making the same games they've been making for the last 20 years and jumping on the tablet bandwagon? Or are they challenging the status quo by continuing to provide online services rivalling the idiocy of gamespy from the 90's?

MS and Sony are challenging the status quo. Nintendo is hanging on to the past.

Yeah, those same games, like that Nintendo Land, Pikmin 3, Dark Moon, FE:A, SMT x FE, and Yarn Yoshi, right?

But obvious Sony and MS are the only ones doing anything new! That's why people love the Xbox One.
#57StarBladeEdgePosted 5/23/2013 11:10:43 AM
ign is for stupid

from stupid for stupid
---
known troll lv 33 next lv : 6 posts
snatcher is coming to getcha !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#58AtalalamaPosted 5/23/2013 11:11:17 AM
Everyone keeps stating that Nintendo is out of their minds, they don't know what they're doing, etc. Every generation since the SNES.

Then they release a game like Zelda and/or Smash Bros and suddenly nearly everyone is praising them as Gods of Gaming. Those who aren't praising are demanding Nintendo gets out of the hardware business and start making Mario/Zelda/Smash Bros/Pokemon/Kirby/Xenoblade/WHATEVER for THEIR system instead.

What WILL kill Nintendo? If they try to SCREW OVER American customers again. Yes, I got my Xenoblade & Last Story & Pandora's Tower. It shouldn't have taken up-to (and who knows, perhaps even including) kidnapping the families and mistresses of the Heads of NoA and holding them for ransom to do so. THAT was in unforgivable sin against their fanbase.

So:

1. Anti-Nintendo for odd-ball business practices and forced design choices
2. Anti-Sony for idiotic business practices, lying to and suing their customers, poor security
3. Anti-Microsoft for turning consoles into glorified PC's with all the negativity that entails w/o the positive, yet acting surprised that their customers don't want to be anally reamed as though it's a ride at Disney World.

<.<

>.>

<.>

=^o.0^=

Come on, SEGA! We need you to return and save console gaming!!!!

(and yes, I am aware Xenoblade is made by Monolith, a 2nd party to Nintendo)
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJN-SWGei7w <- Eyegasm: Xrd
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z74e6bFr5EY <- Eargasm: Revolution
#59AhnoldDoodPosted 5/23/2013 11:11:43 AM
Angleslam2K posted...
ChipChipperson posted...
The CoD generation grew up and got themselves jobs at gaming sites. They have no credibility or journalistic integrity, they're just fanboys with a paycheck.

Lol let's just bash CoD since it's hip. At least CoD has a a great online multiplayer mode unlike....welll every Wii/U game released.

Wow, an online multiplayer mode! You really think that's special in this day and age?
#60DormmamuPosted 5/23/2013 11:24:08 AM
Terotrous posted...