Need help connecting to Wi-Fi (and yes, I read the sticky)

#1noutBrPosted 5/23/2013 10:46:51 AM
I have my Wii U since launch and connected to Wi-Fi without any problems (didn't even need to set up manually), I have every update so far and downloaded a couple of games, trailers and everything perfectly fine.

But as I was browsing the eShop today I suddenly received a couple of error codes and I couldn't download the RE demo because it constantly gave me errors. I thought it must be the eShop so I went and played some NSMBU. When I wanted to post something to Miiverse I got another error and it said I wasn't connected to the Internet.

After multiple tries of using my trusty connection which I set up at launch I decided to just configure the network again. After putting in my security key and running the test it says it can't connect to the network device (error code: 103-1001, could not find an available network. However it shows 3 and 2 bars of signal strength in the search wifi connections screen). I proceeded to follow the instructions in the sticky and after 2 tries still the same result. I even went to the dutch (I'm dutch) Nintendo site and followed their guide but still the same result.

I thought well what else can I do, so I tried to set it up with the "push button" method but it instantly gives me an error before I can even push the button. Yet when I push the button and press next in the Wii U after it also gives me the same error.

I have a D-Link DIR-655 router and I also have a modem/router from my internet provider that provides a second wi-fi network in my home. I tried connecting to both networks but the Wii U just can't connect to the internet. Which is strange seeing how it worked perfectly fine ever since I bought it at launch!

What's going on with my Wii U? I can't call Nintendo because it's already evening where I live so I was hoping someone on this board could have some ideas...
---
m e g a m a n f o r e v e r
#2noutBr(Topic Creator)Posted 5/23/2013 11:01:18 AM
Wait, it gets better!

Just now I left the system settings and out of desperation I just opened Miiverse.....and it opened and everything appeared to be loading just fine. So I fired up the eShop and apparently that works fine too. I'm actually downloading the RE Demo as we speak (says it will take about 30 minutes total which is acceptable for Wii U I guess).

What I don't get is that it can't connect to my network device, let alone 'the internet' in the connection tests yet now I can apparently do everything online without any problems.

I wonder if I'll get any errors in the near future...
---
#3tigg06Posted 5/23/2013 11:07:47 AM(edited)
Edit: sorry misread the post.

I know since yesterday nintendo has been addressing network issues, but the connect tests say it can't connect, even using the quick connect button method. I'm gonna do some research real quick
psn - tiggman ninid - christophers xboxlive - tigg06
#4noutBr(Topic Creator)Posted 5/23/2013 11:11:58 AM
tigg06 posted...

So, just to make sure I understand, youre Wii U connects to your network but you can't use the internet on the Wii U?

There has been an issue with the nintendo network since yesterday, it doesn't effect everyone all the time, but seems to pop up on people here and there, seems like a stability issue in the network. I had some errors yesterday, but I'm not sure if its been fixed yet.

It appears you have done everything you can possibly do on your own however; I would honestly suggest calling Nintendo, you can find out if the Network Issue has been fixed and if it has they might be able to assist you a lot better than anyone here.

Sorry know its not the help you wanted , but all I can honestly think of

Actually, when you do the connection test it shows:

Wii U >>>>> Network Device >>>>> Internet

In the connection tests it keeps trying to connect between the Wii U and the Network Device but fails and gives me the error code and message. So from what I gather that means it can't even connect to my router which means it has nothing to do with Internet or Nintendo's Network connections. I know for a fact I correctly typed in all the information every time I tried the connection test.

But as I mentioned in my second post, it currently works after exiting the system settings out of frustration and desperation. I also finally get some Miiverse posts on my NSMBU map screen so I guess it's working fine again.
---
#5NyyarkPosted 5/23/2013 11:14:09 AM(edited)
I had this same problem last night, also from the eShop. I do networking professionally, so I kind know my stuff.

It looked to me like a glitch with some check the eShop made with connectivity that set some error flag that wouldn't reset properly. (like a successful connect doesn't reset the failed connection flag)

My network was fine, and Nintendo's was too. I rebooted the Wii U, it persisted, so I logged into another Miiverse account at my house, and it worked successfully, then I relogged into my Miiverse account. That fixed it for me.
#6noutBr(Topic Creator)Posted 5/23/2013 11:26:55 AM
Nyyark posted...
I had this same problem last night, also from the eShop. I do networking professionally, so I kind know my stuff.

It looked to me like a glitch with some check the eShop made with connectivity that set some error flag that wouldn't reset properly. (like a successful connect doesn't reset the failed connection flag)

My network was fine, and Nintendo's was too. I rebooted the Wii U, it persisted, so I logged into another Miiverse account at my house, and it worked successfully, then I relogged into my Miiverse account. That fixed it for me.

Thank you for your reply. I'm far from a professional when it comes to networking (especially wireless) and I really was at a loss here.

What you said sounds like what happened to me, I'm just glad I'm not the only one experiencing this.
---
#7DangerlessPosted 5/23/2013 11:39:19 AM
My solution that I have to do is change the Channel setting on my router to a different number (2, 6, etc).

Why this helps for me is beyond me.
---
Although the sky is blue, it's always black.