Maybe this explains the Wii U's poor 3rd party support?

#11UmitenchoPosted 5/23/2013 10:58:38 PM
Pulp posted...
Umitencho posted...
In about 3 months, its big hitters will be rolling out.

What big hitters, out of curiosity?

Pikmin 3, New Super Luigi U in August.

Rayman Legends, The Wonderful 101 in Sept.

Batman: Arkham Origins, Assassinís Creed IV: Black Flag in Oct.

Everything else of note doesn't have a month release date yet.
#12Rev0luti0nN0wPosted 5/23/2013 11:04:07 PM
Game companies have wanted used games banned for ages.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13506_3-57405801-17/how-much-do-industry-ceos-hate-used-games-a-whole-whole-lot/

"I would argue, and I've said this before, that used games are cannibalizing the industry," Dennis Dyack

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20120420/06310918579/video-game-developers-continue-to-ignorantly-attack-used-game-sales.shtml

Game designer Richard Browne has come out swinging in favor of the rumored antipiracy features in the next-gen PlayStation Orbis and Xbox Durango. "The real cost of used games is the damage that is being wrought on the creativity and variety of games available to the consumer," Browne writes. "The real cost of used games is the death of single player gaming."

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2010/08/buying-used-games-developers-publishers-dont-care-about-you/

"We hope people understand that when the game's bought used we get cheated," Cory Ledesma of former THQ

"In a literal way, when you purchase a game used, you are not a customer of theirs," Penny Arcade's Jerry Holkins wrote. "I honestly can't figure out how buying a used game was any better than piracy."

http://www.gamepolitics.com/2010/05/11/developer-labels-used-games-worse-piracy

Andrew Oliver told Develop that the ďdamage doneĒ by used games sales would push publishers even more towards digital downloads.

According to developers, you are pirates and thieves who steal their profits when you sell a used game.
---
PC: 2500k, 16 gb ram, 7970, 3 tb/2tb/128 gb samsung 830/6 monitor eyefinity
PSN: Zellio2010 Xbox Live: Zellio2009 NintendoID: Zellio2013
#13Pulp(Topic Creator)Posted 5/23/2013 11:17:47 PM
Umitencho posted...

Don't take this the wrong way, but you just listed 3 Nintendo published games. I had no doubt Nintendo planned to support...Nintendo. I was talking about the lack of 3rd party support over the 1st year.

AC4BF is a multiplatform release (nothing wrong with that), as is Batman. Rayman was once an exclusive -- now it's a multiplatform as well. You didn't list Watchdogs or Splinter Cell...but again... And 4 of those 5 are from one company...Ubisoft.

I guess it could be you and I have vastly different opinions of what can be reasonably expected of 1st year 3rd party support...but 5 games, none exclusive, 4 from one company doesn't strike me as supportive. /shrug
---
Contest Abuse - You have lost the right to dispute or appeal further moderations.
#14UmitenchoPosted 5/23/2013 11:37:34 PM
Pulp posted...
Umitencho posted...

Don't take this the wrong way, but you just listed 3 Nintendo published games. I had no doubt Nintendo planned to support...Nintendo. I was talking about the lack of 3rd party support over the 1st year.

AC4BF is a multiplatform release (nothing wrong with that), as is Batman. Rayman was once an exclusive -- now it's a multiplatform as well. You didn't list Watchdogs or Splinter Cell...but again... And 4 of those 5 are from one company...Ubisoft.

I guess it could be you and I have vastly different opinions of what can be reasonably expected of 1st year 3rd party support...but 5 games, none exclusive, 4 from one company doesn't strike me as supportive. /shrug

I am not gonna go over again for the 100th time over Nintendo's catch-22 situation but again there games planed for this year that I didn't list because we have no confirmed month on them yet.

If you wanna argue exclusives then you know that Nintendo has many long standing franchises that are some of the best well received, people just want them to try to make more long standing ones.

I also never said Nintendo was getting a lot of 3rd party support. I know its being abandoned left and right by devs who are leaving it because they get their jimmies ruffled by the Xbox One's draconian anti-consumer features.
#15ElectricMolePosted 5/23/2013 11:41:31 PM
Maybe this explains the Wii U's poor 3rd party support?

lol dont be silly!

Its because wii u cant run their game engines properly.
---
NinNetID: ElectricMole, 3DS: 2406-6466-8802
http://psnprofiles.com/kronekodow7188
#16LuckyLickmorePosted 5/23/2013 11:44:48 PM
message to third partys " make games worth playing! innovate, make games just as good as Nintendo, and people will buy them and play them and praise them, thus you will have more sales because of happy/satisfied consumers!!!"
not rocket science here folks!!
#17AdamLazarusPosted 5/23/2013 11:44:56 PM
toma13 posted...
AdamLazarus posted...
The Wii U's poor 3rd party support is because Nintendo has poor relationships with third party developers and because the console hasn't sold well enough to reel developers in.

The poor CPU probably doesn't help either.

Obviously the XB1 and PS4 have proven themselves in sales, and that's why they have developers backing them.

The 360 and PS3 have. The Wii only proved itself with one audience who were never likely to jump over to the Wii U.

Plenty of people were predicting poor sales for the Wii U before it was released and so far those people have been proven completely right.
---
#18LightHawKnightPosted 5/23/2013 11:45:03 PM
AdamLazarus posted...
A lack of games in a console's first six months isn't atypical. The problem with the Wii U is that it has absolutely nothing in the pipeline.

Are you on drugs or have you not existed during a console launch before?
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#19AdamLazarusPosted 5/23/2013 11:56:54 PM
I am not currently on drugs and I have existed during several console launches before.
---
#20LightHawKnightPosted 5/23/2013 11:57:53 PM
AdamLazarus posted...
I am not currently on drugs and I have existed during several console launches before.

Clearly you are on something if you have existed through any console launch ever.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."