Is it safe to say we won't be getting Guilty Gear Xrd?

#1NekoSushiRiotPosted 5/23/2013 10:57:53 PM
For those who don't know, Arc System Works announced the next in the Guilty Gear fighting series a few days ago-- even though its still in development and its only platform at this time is Arcade. The Wii was blessed with two GGXX Accent Core titles, but Xrd will be using an Unreal engine. Sometime ago, I remember words from Epic Games saying no Unreal engine like stuff will be hitting the Wii U. I could be somewhat wrong but for those more educated on that topic.. any ideas?

Watch "Guilty Gear Xrd" on YouTube. Pretty amazing stuff.
---
Currently Playing: Xenogears, PO'ed, Fire Emblem Awakening
#2GigantLuffyPosted 5/23/2013 11:08:40 PM(edited)
SJDNTISUFJSUQUFUSIDHEBCDIE 3D HD SLAYER PLS!!!

Ahem.. Now that's outta the way, I think it's very likely that the game will come to the WiiU. Why? Because the SEGA logo appeared at the end of the trailer, and we all know how close they are with Nintendo. If they've managed to bring Yakuza to the WiiU, then they'll definately bring GuiltyGear Xrd, a series that's had three Nintendo games, onto the WiiU.
---
Official Getter Robo of your heart
OFFICIAL 4.9 TERRAFLOP OF THE UNIVERSE
#3UponADarkThornePosted 5/23/2013 11:11:18 PM
Unreal 4 "won't run" on the Wii U.

I don't think they said what version of the Unreal Engine the game will use, though.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/wolfbornson
#4NekoSushiRiot(Topic Creator)Posted 5/23/2013 11:11:40 PM
I sure hope you are right about SEGA and Nintendo being close. I mean look at Sonic: Lost World and stuff. I can only say my prayers every night. But now that Guilty Gear is back, BlazBlue is the equivalence to a dog turd on a hot sidewalk. Oh, and a 3D HD Jam would be righteous ;D
---
Currently Playing: Xenogears, PO'ed, Fire Emblem Awakening
#5GoombaXPosted 5/23/2013 11:14:51 PM
UponADarkThorne posted...

I don't think they said what version of the Unreal Engine the game will use, though.

It can run but devs would have to mess with it a bit.
---
Pro tip : Thats not how I would do it
Currently Playing: Dark Souls, Injustice, MvC 2, SMW
#6GigantLuffyPosted 5/23/2013 11:16:58 PM
Now I'm %100 percent sure that this will be on the WiiU.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/05/23/guilty-gear-xrd-sign-announced-uses-unreal-engine-3/

It uses Unreal3!
---
#7Oni_TaedoPosted 5/23/2013 11:21:46 PM
NekoSushiRiot posted...
I sure hope you are right about SEGA and Nintendo being close. I mean look at Sonic: Lost World and stuff. I can only say my prayers every night. But now that Guilty Gear is back, BlazBlue is the equivalence to a dog turd on a hot sidewalk. Oh, and a 3D HD Jam would be righteous ;D

Perhaps that's because BB IS a dog turd on a hot sidewalk.
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
PSN ID: Oni_Ishida
#8Oni_TaedoPosted 5/23/2013 11:21:53 PM
Why would you want a bad fighting game on the Wii U?

Now, if say, Sega made a Sonic the fighters 2, using VF5's engine, or if we got KoF14, that would be a different story.

Needless to say, it'll get it.

GGXX was ported to almost every console since it came out. I'm sure Guilty Gear Xrd will be too.
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
PSN ID: Oni_Ishida
#9GigantLuffyPosted 5/23/2013 11:23:58 PM
BlazBlue... I remember buying it with a smile on my face as I thought it would be an HD Guilty Gear, but I barely played it and left it to collect dust. Then I bought BBCS, I didn't play it either >_>
---
#10OMG_AIDSPosted 5/23/2013 11:36:51 PM
UponADarkThorne posted...

It's Unreal 3

http://www.destructoid.com/guilty-gear-xrd-sign-uses-unreal-engine-3-254377.phtml
---
XBL Gamertag - Goomba Stomper
Nintendo ID & PSN ID - Goomba_Stomper