How does VC on Wii and Wii U work?

#1Second_HokagePosted 5/24/2013 7:09:27 PM
Let's say i have SM64 on Wii, can i transfer that VC game to my Wii U and play it on gamepad? Or do i have to wait for Nintendo to release SM64 on the Wii U eshop first?
#2Charizard90Posted 5/24/2013 7:12:14 PM
You can transfer it to the WIIU and play it on WII mode which means you'll need to play using controllers compatible with WII, so no tablet.

Once Nintendo re-releases the game on the WIIU eshop you'll get a discount for having the WII version and that one WILL be compatible with the tablet.
---
Shinies: 40 -of which- Radar shinies: 38
Pkmn Platinum: Name: Hao FC: 2965-5119-9885
#3SocranPosted 5/24/2013 7:16:05 PM
You can transfer it to Wii U and play without the gamepad. You would have to wait until it's re-released to play it with the gamepad, but you can continue playing it "Wii-style" until then (and continue playing that way afterwards, if you so choose).
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#4Second_Hokage(Topic Creator)Posted 5/24/2013 7:18:02 PM
Charizard90 posted...
You can transfer it to the WIIU and play it on WII mode which means you'll need to play using controllers compatible with WII, so no tablet.

Once Nintendo re-releases the game on the WIIU eshop you'll get a discount for having the WII version and that one WILL be compatible with the tablet.

Is there a difference between the Wii and Wii U version of the same VC game? Is the quality better on Wii U?
#5Shadowbird_RHPosted 5/24/2013 7:20:32 PM
The Wii U VC games have more features, like the ability to save restore points, play with using the game pad, customizable controls, not having to go into the Wii Channel, stuff like that.
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
#6Nin3DSFanPosted 5/25/2013 4:35:44 PM
Not this again.

It's quite simple

Wii U Virtual Console ---------------------------------------------------------------------> Wii Virtual Console
Two very different things

There is absolutely no such thing.... as "transferring from the Wii VC to the Wii U VC thing"

You are transferring you Wii VC titles from your WII(!) to the WII(!) ON your Wii U. You are NOT transferring anything to the Wii U itself.

You do not "upgrade" your Wii VC titles to the "Wii U version".

It works like this.

You have a game on your original Wii's VC.
You also have a Wii U.
You do a Wii-Wii U transfer.
THIS transfers your current Wii's data onto the "Wii Menu" of your Wii U, NOT the actual Wii U itself.
IF you have any Virtual Console titles on the "Wii Menu" in your Wii U... THEN...
WHEN, and only WHEN they are re-released on the Wii U eShop... THEN they will be reduced from their normal price, and will say something like "OFFER" or whatever.
---
Gentlemen, we tnodah now!