Wow! Nintendo is really losing the poll!? Amazing!

#41lightningbugxPosted 5/25/2013 3:08:31 AM
GDoobah posted...
I voted microsoft, gaming will not be the same if their vision of the xbox comes true. Here's hoping it doesn't, but it's mere existence is a driving force for change. The only way to prevent the xbox one for completely altering the industry is if it's an immediate flop

Same reason I voted Microsoft. An impact can be bad or good and unfortunately it looks like Microsoft will have a major impact in bad way.

Who says a bad impact is bad? Someone does something that fails and learns from it, they will improve upon that event and either make a bigger failure or a major success.

With how the Xbox One is designed, we will see who controls the gaming world, and the gamers will respond. Making the response is a good thing regardless if it is praises or a revolt.
#42Reginleif20Posted 5/25/2013 3:34:34 AM
LilMajerCartune posted...
Or maybe it's too early to tell for final results. Still shocking that the majority voted Sony so far though, I thought Apple would be higher.

Why is that surprising? The Wii U and 3DS isn't really innovating gaming. Why the **** would Apple be higher? All it really did is make some developers realize how they can get away with cashing in using half-assed games
---
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it
#4300mudkipPosted 5/25/2013 3:36:24 AM
Nintendo is the biggest innovator they even had the first online gaming with the famicom modem.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Famicom_Modem
---
If you believe Jeannie from 'I Dream of Jeannie' created existence, put this in your signature.
#44Reginleif20Posted 5/25/2013 3:50:49 AM
00mudkip posted...
Nintendo is the biggest innovator they even had the first online gaming with the famicom modem.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Famicom_Modem

That's the past. We're talking about now
---
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it
#45Kenokun128Posted 5/25/2013 3:52:46 AM
I voted microsoft, gaming will not be the same if their vision of the xbox comes true. Here's hoping it doesn't, but it's mere existence is a driving force for change. The only way to prevent the xbox one for completely altering the industry is if it's an immediate flop (record low flop).

The Xbox One is going to be Microsofts biggest attempt to "takeover the living room" But even if they are succesful I believe it is going to be too little too late. Most of the TV features the Xbox One can do, is easily done by any modern blu-ray player or current-gen console. In fact modern TV sets can already connect to the internet and stream netflix and hulu as well as accept cable without the need for another device, its all built in already. Not to mention with the rise of games that can be played streamed over the cloud, we might not even need consoles like the Xbox to even play games anymore. They will instead be played on the TV itself with much of the processing being done over the network.

Sony is not really evolving or adding anything revolutionary to the industry, they're just repeating this gen but bigger and better. People who vote for sony do it to spite microsoft, not because they're doing anything revolutionary, basically PS3.5.

The PS4 hardware is completely different then the old proprietary Cell technology used for the PS3. While it may not be a revolution for the industry, it is certainly a revolution for the company since Sony has a long history of favoring their own proprietary technology in the past often to dissapointing results. ex betamax, Memory Stick, miniDisc, UMD, Bluray, etc. The new direction Sony is taking is clearly different then Micorsoft by trying to be more developer friendly, which could result in more games being released on PS4 first rather then Xbox.

Nintendo is trying to coast on the success of the Wii, releasing a console that is hardly competitive and relying on a brand to sell games. Games that (admittedly) have a loyal niche audience, but niche titles do little in the way of evolving.

I agree with Nintendo trying to coast on the success of the Wii and releasing an underpowered console. However Nintendo has a long history of turning things around (DS and 3DS) and have pioneered technologies and ideas that all gamers take for granted. Unlike their competitors who sell their consoles at a significant financial loss per unit, all Nintendo devices except for the WiiU are sold for a profit so they do not lose any money whenever they sell hardware. This means that even in the Gamecube years Nintendo was still making money off of it. The worlwide success of the Wii has also given Nintendo huge amounts of financial capital which allows Nintendo to take a lot more risks if they choose. Looking at Nintendo's 100+ year history they have had more failures then success, However when they are successful the payoff is enormous.

Apple and google haven't even made a break into the industry... soo there's not much to talk on that front. Gaming on mobile devices are becoming increasingly prevalent but they've made their mark and have divided into a mutually independent section of the same industry. The only thing it will affect is how many developers decide to jump ship because there's more easy money to be found over there.

I see more kids playing Apple devices then any other console, and those kids are going to be the future of video games in general. Apple whether they intended to or not have definitely changed the industry. The question is whether Apple or Google will take games seriously and actively start courting developers or making games themselves. If they do, they could easily steamroll Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony into oblivion, unless one of them comes out with something better.

In the End though the future of gaming is PC and Steam
---
It takes an Idiot to do cool things, Thats why its cool.
-Furikuri
#46JackalPosted 5/25/2013 3:56:10 AM
I tried to read that but my tablet battery was draining! :-D
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz
#47_Sovereign_Posted 5/25/2013 4:16:31 AM
XenoFFvs posted...
I'm not surprised at all by this.

The majority of gamers(real gamers) spend most of their play time on ps3 or 360 and since ps4 is getting a lot of hype and positive attention versus xbox one getting so much hate, well, not hard to see how the majority of gamers are putting their hope in sony.

I voted sony because I know ps4 will be my main system of choice. I have a wii u but the only games I expect to play on it are smash, zelda, and mariokart and those games haven't changed much over the years and are always expected to come out for each nintendo system like clockwork so it'll be pretty similar for me to 64, gc, and wii. Not much of an impact at all, heck, I've only been playing the last story so far on my wii u and that's a last gen game lol.

ps4, the way it looks now, will be the purest form of next gen gaming.
Wii U doesn't have the hardware to truly feel next gen and xbox one is trying to be a cable box more than it is a game system.

Sony deserves to be leading the poll imo. Nintendo is second in my heart, but still isn't next gen in power and unfortunately for hard core gamers, they're mostly interested in the kids and the casuals just like xbox one is more interested in casuals and football fans.

Sony is about gamers first and foremost.

Everything bold, is laughable. You are so blinded by your fanboyism that you are taking random opinions about your personal feelings and stating them as facts. The polls results should be entirely to MS ( and I hate MS)since in the next few years we will either see them fall, and tear down many practices they started, or rise, and entirely change gaming for the worst. Sony just added a share button.....

I will play my Wii U as my primary console, and use my PS4 for the exclusives. Power means nothing to me, and it shouldn't to you. If you are so worried about that then you need to buy a PC, from what I hear that's where all the "real hardcore gamers" are. And by the way, those terms are garbage. I tend not to take people seriously when the speak like that, kinda like the newest forms of slang, they just make whoever's saying them look really, really ignorant and stupid.

And finally, the poll isn't about your favorite console, some of you need to read the question again.
---
I do not return to topics. I say my peace and move on. If you draw issues with what I say, then by all means, inbox me.
#48ssjsczrPosted 5/25/2013 4:29:59 AM
_Sovereign_ posted...

Everything bold, is laughable. You are so blinded by your fanboyism that you are taking random opinions about your personal feelings and stating them as facts. The polls results should be entirely to MS ( and I hate MS)since in the next few years we will either see them fall, and tear down many practices they started, or rise, and entirely change gaming for the worst. Sony just added a share button.....

I will play my Wii U as my primary console, and use my PS4 for the exclusives. Power means nothing to me, and it shouldn't to you. If you are so worried about that then you need to buy a PC, from what I hear that's where all the "real hardcore gamers" are. And by the way, those terms are garbage. I tend not to take people seriously when the speak like that, kinda like the newest forms of slang, they just make whoever's saying them look really, really ignorant and stupid.

And finally, the poll isn't about your favorite console, some of you need to read the question again.

Everything in your post is laughable so you should refrain from calling others "fanboys" and "stupid". You start your post by bashing people who voted for their favorite console, yet spend 2/3 of you post to justify having a WiiU.
---
With great power comes great responsibility, and a cool costume.
#49MMaestroPosted 5/25/2013 4:32:00 AM
squatch22 posted...
GoombaX posted...
supremeblaster posted...
The poll is one of the many that proves this site is filled with Sony fans.

hell its easy to tell its full of them, they are spread out all over trolling every board >_>

This

This
#50IcedEarthaholicPosted 5/25/2013 4:43:35 AM
nonexistinghero posted...

If you think 'power' has anything to do with being for hardcore gamers and if you think Nintendo isn't at least as much for hardcore gamers as the other companies... you're pretty delusional.

I hate to say it, but this guy is right. What, exactly, has Sony done to innovate? All I am seeing is a beefed up system that has features that might seem useful but could end up being more of a pain in the ass than they're worth, and without any native backwards compatibility to boot, can't even transfer digital purchases over either, way to go!

Also, most gamers like myself tend to always favor gameplay over graphics. Graphics should not be the end-all/be-all, if that's the case, why not get yourself a goddamn gaming PC? I am sure if I played my cards right, I could do that.

I'm cool with Sony, they make some great stuff like Hot Shots Golf and Twisted Metal, but their IPs just do not have the same charm and warmth that Nintendo's IPs do. Heck, in a year or two, I could very well end up getting a PS4 depending on if the library ends up being good, but I do not see it being a worthwhle investment at this time.
---
Want to help bring Fatal Frame Deep Crimson Butterfly to NA?Join Operation Zero https://www.facebook.com/pages/Operation-Zero/131582506953973