[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
Everybody's making great points. I'd like to add a couple:
- The Party King Nintendo's still lagging a bit (though not nearly as much) in online games. On the other hand, they've got AMAZING party games. Nintendo Land and New Super Mario Bros. U have given me some incredible all nighters with friends from out of town. And if you never got a Wii, you have a plethora of great sequels to choose from there (like Super Smash Bros. Brawl).
- Growing pains It's no secret Nintendo's had some rough moments with this launch. The initial support in November looked good, but the first half of this year has been fairly barren, especially for those that ignore the digital eShop. Playstation 4 and Xbox One, no matter what they tell you, will encounter a similar drought. Every system does. Nintendo, though, is on the brink of a quietly brilliant back half of the year: Pikmin 3, Rayman Legends, The Wonderful 101, The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker HD, and possibly titles like Wii Fit U, Sonic Lost Worlds, Wii Party U, Mario Kart and a 3d Mario.
NN ID: Achilles11
It isn't the XBox One.
Kidding aside (well partially) if you enjoy Nintendo games, they're coming. It's no secret Nintendo's been slow in this regard, having admitted it themselves. The only reason one should buy a console is for the games. If there's games out and coming out that you want, then buy one. The controller while looks a little awkward feels great and for games like Zombi U really give you an idea of what cool ways it can be used. If you want, hold off until their E3 showing and see if anything new tickles your fancy.
"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."
- It plays Nintendo games
- Has unique titles coming out
- Is backwards compatible with Wii
- Doesn't require a fee to play used games
- Doesn't require a subscription fee to download titles
- Doesn't require a subscription fee to play online multiplayer
- Has a simple social media application which connects you directly to GAMERS, who own the system, and not your entire facebook friends list who have no interest in most of your life.
- Off-TV play, for those nights when your S.O. wants to use the TV and you're in a marathon.
- Can connect a wide-range of Nintendo approved external HDDs for extra storage
- **Gamepad only lasts a few hours but charges through a standard receptacle instead of the USB on the console. This is good for someone like myself who sits across the room as I have a receptacle behind my couch, otherwise I'd have to get up and stop my session for the controller to charge ( TV mounted on wall, impossible to hold neck at extreme angle just to sit on floor)
- **Gamepad is a unique experience not found on other consoles out-of-the-box. Something as simple as inventory management and map guidance is done in real-time, rather than having to go through menus....big plus for me. Arkham City and Darksiders 2 are exceptional with this.
- Pro Controller ( sold separately) has a tremendous full charge of 80 hrs, and charges via USB. It is not compatible with all the software and it is stated that it cannot work without the gamepad being on as well ( don't know how true that is as I do not own one)
That's just off the top of my head, but there's more. The points marked " ** " are purely opinion and suit me well, however they may not be worth anything to others.
I do not return to topics. I say my peace and move on. If you draw issues with what I say, then by all means, inbox me.
So, in other words, "the games".
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."