So, some guy on my friends list on the 360 thinks that the Wii U is last gen...

#1Milla_MaxwellPosted 5/25/2013 5:25:22 PM(edited)
He posted a M2AF that he's leaving microsoft because the Xbox One is garbage, I replied by telling him that I also am boycotting the Xbox One and I'll get a PS4 and I already have a Wii U.

(keep in mind that when I type up his replies, I fix up the grammar and punctuation.)

He replied with this:

"Wii U is last gen, and likely will not get many more games. The PS4 is 4x more powerful than the Wii U."

I gave him a large rant about how console power means nothing and it all comes down to how they use it and that Nintendo curbstomped Sony and Microsoft last gen in terms of sales.

he replies: "And yet they lost money on the Wii U... PS3 and Xbox are still ahead. Nintendo is 6 years late in everything they do. There was no curb stomping.

I told him about how The DS is the most sold videogame hardware in history with 155 million sold and the Wii sold over 100 million. and they had to make an underground bunker to store the Yen they made.

He replied with: "Check your facts, the PS3 sold 700 million, the Wii U is a gimmick.

I tell him that the PS3 only sold 77 million (as of January) and they lost a **** ton of money that they PS1 and PS2 got them.

Unable to think up a logical response, he just says: "I feel sorry for you." followed shortly by: "U sales are down 17%"

Rant over.
---
"Wherever I may live, I remain the same person. Nothing will change." - Milla Maxwell.
http://www.abload.de/img/aonp7v.gif
#2YoyokuKOPosted 5/25/2013 5:26:35 PM
i'd avoid talking about systems when i play a game
#3SpidermanThreadPosted 5/25/2013 5:28:50 PM
Milla_Maxwell posted...
He posted a M2AF that he's leaving microsoft because the Xbox One is garbage, I replied by telling him that I also am boycotting the Xbox One and I'll get a PS4 and I already have a Wii U.

(keep in mind that when I type up his replies, I fix up the grammar and punctuation.)

He replied with this:

"Wii U is last gen, and likely will not get many more games. The PS4 is 4x more powerful than the Wii U."

I gave him a large rant about how console power means nothing and it all comes down to how they use it and that Nintendo curbstomped Sony and Microsoft last gen in terms of sales.

he replies: "And yet they lost money on the Wii U... PS3 and Xbox are still ahead. Nintendo is 6 years late in everything they do. There was no curb stomping.

I told him about how The DS is the most sold videogame hardware in history with 155 million sold and the Wii sold over 100 million. and they had to make an underground bunker to store the Yen they made.

He replied with: "Check your facts, the PS3 sold 700 million, the Wii U is a gimmick.

I tell him that the PS3 only sold 77 million (as of January) and they lost a **** ton of money that they PS1 and PS2 got them.

Unable to think up a logical response, he just says: "I feel sorry for you." followed shortly by: "U sales are down 17%"

Rant over.

Nintendo 6 years late on everything they do? Yeah, Nintendo should of had 90% FPS and how dare they have variety.
#4Death47Posted 5/25/2013 5:54:19 PM
They had to make an underground bunker? Wow, I actually didn't know that. That's pretty interesting.
#5jackorhoadsPosted 5/25/2013 5:55:58 PM
Xbone is in the same gen as the betamax
---
Gamefaqs: Where 14 year olds make fun of 13 year olds for acting like 12 year olds
PSN: jacksonrr & Wiiu Nintendo Network ID: SonicKidd
#6TheUnboundOnePosted 5/25/2013 9:46:27 PM
The WiiU's guts are about the same as a XBox 360. It's technology puts it in the same family as a 360 and PS3 even though it is Nintendo's next gen console. The PS4/XBox One/modern PC's are all an order of magnitude more powerful and more advanced than WiiU. Maybe Nintendo will come out with a console to join the family in 2019 or 2020?
---
Truth is only known once you step outside the information bubble.
#7kinglink13Posted 5/25/2013 10:13:13 PM
Your friend really failed.

First he says "PS4 is 4x more powerful than Wii U!" And that isn't even that bad, the PS3 was 20x more powerful than Wii.

Both Sony and Microsoft lost money on the PS3 and 360.

And than he says "PS3 sold 700 million", which is like 6x the PS2 total amount and that sold 155 million and it is the best selling console.

If he wanted to try to make you mad and HE should of read the facts.
---
Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft = Epic
#8Godstriker8Posted 5/25/2013 10:40:49 PM
The Wii was a joke since 2011. Who the hell cares about its 'great sales' when the system got next to nothing. PS3 is about the only thing making money for Sony in the past few years since their TVs sure arent making anymore money. That guy's not the only fanboy here.
---
I'm just dickin aroouunnnd
SHAKE AND BAKE!
#9EnergyTurtle5Posted 5/26/2013 1:48:27 AM
Is he off your friends list now?
#10nonexistingheroPosted 5/26/2013 1:50:29 AM
YoyokuKO posted...
i'd avoid talking about systems when i play a game

This. You're better off not knowing the average gamer's ignorance about gaming.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.