Kirby Dream Collection or Super Mario Galaxy?

#1EasterEggHunterPosted 5/26/2013 8:16:30 AM
I'm trying to decide which of these games to get. I'm wondering how much replay value there is in each and how long the games are. I've never really played a Kirby game before but i recentley played dreamland 3 at my friends house and it was really fun. But i've been wanting to try out mario galaxy for a while now, so which would you guys suggest? Thanks!
---
Lovin my new Vita
#2DeathSoul2000Posted 5/26/2013 8:18:23 AM
well kdc has more staying power, as its a decent sized collection, but it is mostly 8-bit games, but smg is really quite epic. its a difficult one, i'd say flip a coin.
#3Bigmac909Posted 5/26/2013 8:20:30 AM
That's a tough one. Galaxy is the highest rated game of all time, according to Gamerankings. Dream Collection comes with a bunch of really, really good games too though.

If you're "in the mood" for Kirby after playing it at your friends, then get that. Otherwise, Galaxy is probably the better choice.
---
Eh, it's like 2 or 3 people who post a lot, making it look like more people hate the game than is actually true. -LordRattergun
#4ninsony12Posted 5/26/2013 8:20:39 AM
Both. If you really have to choose, galaxy. I pity gamera that missed that.
---
If you believe in Sony, have accepted Them as your choice in gaming, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#5iKhanicPosted 5/26/2013 8:23:07 AM
Well, Mario Galaxy is the highest rated game of all time on GameRankings, and I sort of agree. The game is nearly flawless. Amazing level design, beautiful visuals, diverse worlds, decent challenge and length, and what I consider to be the best video game soundtrack ever.

Definitely get Galaxy. And if Dream Collection ever goes off the market, you can emulate most of it's games guilt free, because, well, Nintendo doesn't make money off of them anymore.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#6somnambulancePosted 5/26/2013 8:43:35 AM
iKhanic posted...
Well, Mario Galaxy is the highest rated game of all time on GameRankings, and I sort of agree. The game is nearly flawless. Amazing level design, beautiful visuals, diverse worlds, decent challenge and length, and what I consider to be the best video game soundtrack ever.

Definitely get Galaxy. And if Dream Collection ever goes off the market, you can emulate most of it's games guilt free, because, well, Nintendo doesn't make money off of them anymore.

it is still stealing

and those games are all on the virtual console services, so you would be taking potential sales away from nintendo (nintendo does still make money on them)
#7fawfulmark2Posted 5/26/2013 9:01:47 AM
Bigmac909 posted...
That's a tough one. Galaxy is the highest rated game of all time, according to Gamerankings. Dream Collection comes with a bunch of really, really good games too though.

If you're "in the mood" for Kirby after playing it at your friends, then get that. Otherwise, Galaxy is probably the better choice.

pretty much this. plus Galaxy is $10 less, IIRC.
---
LoL name: The Noble Kip
Brawl FC: 2280-6185-9316
#8EndgamePosted 5/26/2013 9:37:37 AM
don't play Super Mario Galaxy

it will just remind you of how great Nintendo used to be, then make you depressed when you see what they have become shortly after releasing SMG
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#9Bigmac909Posted 5/26/2013 9:42:20 AM
iKhanic posted...
And if Dream Collection ever goes off the market, you can emulate most of it's games guilt free, because, well, Nintendo doesn't make money off of them anymore.

Lol, that's my personal policy too. Unfortunately, as someone else stated, the games in the collection are all on the VC, meaning Ninty is still technically offering them to you.
---
Eh, it's like 2 or 3 people who post a lot, making it look like more people hate the game than is actually true. -LordRattergun
#10StephenYap3Posted 5/26/2013 10:11:01 AM
Kirby's Dream Collection. It's got a few sidescroller Kirby titles on there (most of which are great), as well as new challenge stages, with its gameplay similar to Kirby's Return to Dream Land, which is one of the best titles in the series I've played.

As for Super Mario Galaxy, although it looks like a great game, it's decent at best.
---
Awaiting for NEW Paper Mario, Final Fantasy (Classic style), Kirby, Donkey Kong, Fire Emblem, and Mario Sports Mix successor on Wii U...