Big Problem with Nintendo Direct

#61TrueBlue91Posted 5/27/2013 1:37:03 AM
andrea987 posted...
Starwars4J posted...
Androm2 posted...
Iwata gives the excitement Reggai would make it a boring advertisement like millions other in tvs everyday, if Reggai make it I will not watch it ever.

Who is Reggai?

Reggie with dreadlocks.

Lol
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
#62cybersonic233Posted 5/27/2013 1:38:23 AM
Iwata speaks better English than most of the people down my street
#63XylymphydytePosted 5/27/2013 1:57:51 AM
Is this really over 60 posts of "His English is fine." over and over?
#64BeanBeanKingdomPosted 5/27/2013 2:18:37 AM
fuzi11 posted...
darkqueenhelba posted...
I like Iwata. They've been really great so far.

I prefer Shibata to Iwata. His english improved by a ton over the past year

It did, but he still speaks it with a German accent, lol.
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#65lowuw(Topic Creator)Posted 5/27/2013 3:31:28 AM
Please understand, I'm not saying Iwata's is horrible, but I think reggie can bring more excitement to the directs and explain things better. Reggie is the one who also did the e3 conference presentations.
#66DeathSoul2000Posted 5/27/2013 3:35:54 AM
lowuw posted...
Please understand

lol
#67Ampharos64Posted 5/27/2013 4:01:46 AM
I like Iwata, several times I've watched the Direct simply because of his presenting. His English is very good, Japanese doesn't use as many sounds as English so I think an accent as good as his is impressive (a lot of Japanese speakers of English struggle with it far more). Having the president of the company take the time to do these things (I like that he does the Iwata Asks as well, especially as there's a lot of good information in them), and speak to us directly, gives a very positive image. I've hated quite a lot of Nintendo's recent decisions, but am still happy to see Iwata show up, and do pay attention to what he's saying, which I think says a lot for him.

ThePrisoner06 posted...
Actually think Iwata's English is quite good, I can understand him.

And turning this around how many of us would be able to learn Japanese and then stand up and present a live broadcast.

Not many I think.

Yep, I'm currently learning Japanese so maybe I appreciate the difficulty of doing the reverse a bit more, the languages are pretty different (actually I think learning English for someone whose native language is Japanese is harder than the reverse purely due to the new sounds and the inconsistencies in the way English words are pronounced).
#68ToologistPosted 5/27/2013 4:16:21 AM
Bahamut_10th posted...
NoA's direct is pretty boring and everyone in that one poses too much and tries to look cool or smart.

Just look at the ridiculous way that idiot Trinen shows the Animal Crossing 3DS XL... Who the hell does that? And who the hell keeps a single brow low for so long? A Trekkie maybe. A very boring nerdy guy maybe.

Drumguy posted...
Pendragoon posted...
The fact that Iwata himself takes the time to do these instead of farming it out to a hype man speaks louder than his somewhat broken English.

Why do people keep calling Reggie a hype man? He's the CEO of NoA. There's a huge difference.

He's not the CEO...

Yes he is.
---
Honorable U.S. Navy veteran! 9/25/2007-11/24/2011
~Official The Question of the SSB Wii U board Justice League!~
#69Juraga2Posted 5/27/2013 4:35:01 AM
I think that Iwata and Shiggsy should turn ND into a comedy show, just featuring them, ***ing around with the new games.

Call it "Game Glumps."

Serr mirrions.
---
Pokemon Heart Gold FC: 0560-9509-1509
Pokemon Black FC: 4083-7419-2306
#70IcedEarthaholicPosted 5/27/2013 4:49:43 AM
Actually I like Iwata, there is something about him that draws people to him. He presents hmself as down to earth, chill and easy to talk to. Yeah his English isn't the best, but I find that adds to his charm.
---
Want to help bring Fatal Frame Deep Crimson Butterfly to NA?Join Operation Zero https://www.facebook.com/pages/Operation-Zero/131582506953973