I'm getting the Wii U after price drop

#11oldhbk76Posted 5/26/2013 9:26:10 PM
I jumped on the Target price drop
---
gamer tag SteelWolf76: 3ds fc: 5086-0928-4789
#12dmaster342Posted 5/26/2013 11:07:32 PM
abbyhitter posted...
dmaster342 posted...
Target already has a price drop. $240 for the basic Wii U.

Of course they price drop the version that I don't want. I want the black one for obvious reasons. -_-

Yeah...but it honestly does make sense. They need to sell their Basics off so that's why those are usually the ones with the price drops.

It does make things very tempting though. I just prefer Black, will probably want Nintendo Land anyway, and I like the extra physical/digital promotion goodies that it comes with so I'll have to deal with that too. But $60 off is still a good deal for what you get and what is coming out in the years to come.
---
3DS FC: 3523-2057-7150 PM me if you added me!
#13TMW001Posted 5/26/2013 11:10:09 PM
Price drop or not it will still be the cheapest of all 3 consoles.
#14Ryan SiPosted 5/26/2013 11:17:22 PM
I'd bet money Nintendo will drop the price by November at the latest. Pikmin 3 and Wind Waker HD aren't going to spur all that many system sales and with PS4 and Xbox One releasing in that same period...the writing is on the wall.

They have to spur sales somehow and a price drop will do that. It's over-priced clearly right now.

If some games are announced at E3, I'd like to pick one up. But, I'm not paying $350 for a system with last-gen hardware and 32GB of memory. Drop it to $299 at least.
---
Best of Gen: Portal 2, Xenoblade, Bit. Trip Runner 2
Wii U, PS4, or both? C'mon E3!
#15NeoMonkPosted 5/27/2013 12:09:49 AM
I got a deluxe for $220 with Zombi U just gotta find the deals out there.
Price drop will come before the fall when their games start to come out.
---
"How am i spelling?" Please call 800-WHO-CARES or online at WiiUdoesntcureCANCERsoitFAILS.com
#16thanthenPosted 5/27/2013 2:45:06 AM(edited)
Nintendo games are not console sellers, how many times do we have to tell you drones that. Most people who want to play mario kart pikmin3 zelda etc already have the console, they bought it first month. Remember how the gamecube had Wind Waker, Metroid Prime 1, Resident Evil 4.. those were MASSIVE universally acclaimed games of the generations..and it didn't matter, gamecube was still bombing at $99 price point, even though it was comparable hardwarewise to ps2/xbox. Now imagine wiiu with its last gen specs and much higher price tag.

So in summary there is a guarantee price drop coming this year, not that it will help much.
---
Rock is fine, scissors are overpowered.
-paper
#17KAMMYqueenPosted 5/27/2013 3:25:31 AM
omniryu posted...
Nothing wrong with the system. I just feel it will be a better opportunity. Even though I'm eager to buy one, I feel like I need to wait. For now.... I'll wait.

your be waiting a while t hen
---
KAMMY KOOPA is the final hope for Nintendo!