Pachter- "wait until after the holiday season to judge the Wii U."

#21PedroMontanaPosted 5/27/2013 4:44:54 AM
THMBZDownGNZUp posted...
Sanity check: Pachter has predicted right sometimes, so he may be right about Wii U. If he was right all the time, he wouldn't be an analyst but rather a psychic.

The thing is, Pachter has predicted wrong in cases that were actually very simple to predict with very limited knowledge and intelligence.

A great example is how he thought that the 3DS would be still too cheap at 250$ when the maket has shown time and time again that it does not buy handhelds in that pricing range.
Nintendo was arrogant with that high price and it bit them in the back and they found a very good way out of that fiasco... yet if they had listened to Pachter the 3DS would have started at 300$.
That's not being an analyst, that's a guy talking about things he doesn't understand.

Equally ridiculous was his constant Wii HD talk between 2008 and 2010, where he expected Nintendo to release a HD upgrade of the Wii. That showed pretty clearly he had no idea how either the market or technology works.

There is no problem with an analyst being wrong every know and then, as long as his predictions are based on reasonable analysis. Pachter often seems to be making wild guesses in the hope that when one them comes true he can brag about how he predicted something no one else did (because everyone else uses reason).
---
No More Heroes
#22SnackasaurusPosted 5/27/2013 4:53:16 AM
This isn't the first time someone has said wait for the holidays before judging. Nintendo must have some pretty great stuff lined up. Plus they can use some of that negativity for the Xbone as positive momentum. Wii U Already has a pretty good lineup even going by just what we know right now.
#23nonexistingheroPosted 5/27/2013 5:08:15 AM
Socran posted...
Crap. Wii U holiday flop confirmed.

---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#24fuzi11Posted 5/27/2013 5:47:58 AM
Socran posted...
Crap. Wii U holiday flop confirmed.

ONOZ I laughed harder than I should
#25THMBZDownGNZUpPosted 5/27/2013 1:48:09 PM
It seems nobody wants Wii U to do well since everybody is hoping Pachter is wrong. If you hate Nintendo, you hate Pokemon.
#26KOTRwhoopsPosted 5/27/2013 1:51:10 PM
Please stop quoting this tool. My cat knows more about games than him.
---
PLAYING - Deus Ex HR (PC), Resident Evil: Relevations (PC), New Super Mario Bros U (WU)
MOST WANTED - GTAV, Lightning Returns, Last of Us, Watchdogs, X
#27JMC611Posted 5/27/2013 1:55:38 PM
Banjo2553 posted...
Funny how he says this when he's been judging the WiiU since day one.

QFT
#28Prince ShondronaiPosted 5/27/2013 2:01:02 PM
Translation: "I've been wrong about Nintendo so many times, I'm not even going to try."
---
One of us. One of us. One of us.
#29jackorhoadsPosted 5/27/2013 3:58:59 PM
lol he's been judging the hell out of it since 2012 holiday season
---
Gamefaqs: Where 14 year olds make fun of 13 year olds for acting like 12 year olds
PSN: jacksonrr & Wiiu Nintendo Network ID: SonicKidd
#30dancing_cactuarPosted 5/27/2013 4:01:15 PM
So what was all the stuff he was saying before the Wii U even came out?
---
I kinda like to imagine that all Voice-Actors are reality-jumping individuals basically stuck in a Quantum Leap situation.