How come the 3ds is getting all the good games?

#1duality48Posted 5/27/2013 7:11:36 PM
They already have around 10 pretty good first party titles, all released relatively quickly from launch. Wii U on the other hand, has Pikmin 3. Oh and I guess the new super mario bros, but that couldn't of taken much effort. I know they have a couple on the way, but it seems so far off, where as the 3ds was awesome from the start!

Did Nintendo give up on the Wii U? Or are they just taking their time for whatever reason?
I'm not complaining btw, I only have a 3ds hahah and personally I'm loving all the interest they're putting into this system!
---
Add me on Xbox live: Giefs Galore
#2wiidbzxt009Posted 5/27/2013 7:14:16 PM
They want the 3DS to get sales first. This is kinda the year of the 3DS. Next year they'll most likely focus on Wii U. Otherwise they would have mediocre sales on both, Wii U and 3DS.

And if you ask me, they did succeed on making the 3DS popular.
---
NNID: Flexile
FCs in my quote
#3Oni_TaedoPosted 5/27/2013 7:16:30 PM
The 3DS was awesome at the start?
Let's see, it had SSFIV, a failure of a fighting game.
Nintendogs, which is enjoyable. I won't lie.
Steel Diver. Which wasn't terrible.
Pilotwings Resort. Which was an abomination.

The 3DS started off really, really poorly.

It wasn't until 2011, when it got OoT, Star Fox, DoA Dimensions, Kid Icarus (2012, but close enough) that the 3DS started to take off.
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
PSN ID: Oni_Ishida
#4kazooie959Posted 5/27/2013 7:17:41 PM
If you look at the 3ds games this year it is fantastic (Fire Emblem, Luigi's Mansion, Animal Crossing, Pokemon) so I don't blame them for focusing on one system rather than 2.

Not that I would mind a few more games for Wii U...
---
I am the great Kazoo! FEAR THE FEATHERS!!!
#5mahboiPosted 5/27/2013 7:22:31 PM
Oni_Taedo posted...
The 3DS was awesome at the start?
Let's see, it had SSFIV, a failure of a fighting game.
Nintendogs, which is enjoyable. I won't lie.
Steel Diver. Which wasn't terrible.
Pilotwings Resort. Which was an abomination.

The 3DS started off really, really poorly.

It wasn't until 2011, when it got OoT, Star Fox, DoA Dimensions, Kid Icarus (2012, but close enough) that the 3DS started to take off.

I don't think it took off until well after OoT and Star Fox. In fact, the system released in 2011...
---
E means "Everyone", not "Eleven and under". Agrees: 60
I believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior, and am proud of it.
#6ArchsazePosted 5/27/2013 7:23:44 PM
It kinda blows that the 3DS is picking up great momentum at a time where I held off on the handheld in favor of saving up money for the Wii U. Being as someone who can't afford spending the money or the time to play games on both of these systems, I would like some more games for the Wii U.

Alas, the momentum will shift towards the Wii U in the fall. I am sure E3 and the announcements we already have had will provide for a great late 2013/early 2014 gaming season on the Wii U. I just need the patience!
#7Starwars4JPosted 5/27/2013 7:24:15 PM
TC is so young he wasn't even around for the launch of the 3DS? How is this possible?
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#8Baha05Posted 5/27/2013 7:27:50 PM
Because the 3DS has been out sine 2011?
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#9jounintPosted 5/27/2013 7:31:10 PM
The 3DS has been out longer, and also went through something similar to the Wii U. I'm not sure why people suddenly forgot, but the 3DS was 'doomed' just like the Wii U is now, but as soon as quality titles started to become available, people couldn't deny how great of a system it was. Also, the Wii U is being focused on just as much as the 3DS, if not more. I guess I'm overestimating the intelligence or amount of adults on this board, but isn't it obvious that it will take some time for some quality games to come out for this console? It happened to many consoles before the Wii U, and it will happen to future consoles too. Nintendo will eventually pick up momentum and start delivering some great 1st party games, and the Wii U will start to sell better, and everyone will be embarrassed they ever claimed that the Wii U was dying.
---
3DS Friend Code: 279308000766
3DS Name: Tony
#10Wiiplayer111Posted 5/27/2013 7:32:29 PM
It is easier to develop for. It costs less to develop for. It takes less time to develop games. They can sell it cheaper so people buy more. Etc.
---
Look at you.... sticking to the plan.
didyouknowgaming.com