Actraiser

#1DeeJaySmirksPosted 5/29/2013 6:51:30 AM
They should make a new one, the building part can be a mixture of Animal Crossing and what it was. When you go in the dungeon or field to clear the area, it can be like The Elder Scrolls.
#2trenkenPosted 5/29/2013 6:58:27 AM
I liked Actraiser, but its not a popular franchise at all. I dont think the original sold very well so they never bothered to make a sequel to it. I think its permanently dead.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#3Nate_DihldorffPosted 5/29/2013 7:16:05 AM
Little kids on this board don't know what Actraiser is.
---
NCAACP- National Colored Association of Associated Colored People
#4ChokusetsuPosted 5/29/2013 7:24:27 AM
trenken posted...
I liked Actraiser, but its not a popular franchise at all. I dont think the original sold very well so they never bothered to make a sequel to it. I think its permanently dead.

Actraiser 2 exists...
It has no building gameplay, just side-scroller stages. I'm assuming it's because most people prefered the action parts.
#5KittyPuppyPosted 5/29/2013 7:29:13 AM
Actraiser 2 wasn't nearly as good as 1. But hey the visuals were nice.

The closest thing I've found to an another Actraiser is Dark Cloud. And we're waiting for that to make a come back too!
#6JobocanPosted 5/29/2013 7:32:22 AM
trenken posted...

It sold around 620000 copies, which was pretty solid at the time. The series died because the sequel didn't sell well at only 180000 copies... and wasn't as good anyways.

There's nothing like the first Actraiser on the market right now, a revisiting of the first's concept would be nice.
---
www.vgcollect.com/jobocan - My Collection
#7ChokusetsuPosted 5/29/2013 7:34:33 AM
I think Square-Enix should hire a team to revive or remake all titles from Quintet, from Actraiser to Terranigma.
Or better, sell the IPs to a better company, because I can't see Square-Mobile-Freemium-Enix doing anything good with them...
#8TerotrousPosted 5/29/2013 7:35:52 AM
Chokusetsu posted...
Actraiser 2 exists...

No it doesn't. It has been written out of existence by The Master.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "NES Hi no Tori"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#9trenkenPosted 5/29/2013 7:39:35 AM
Chokusetsu posted...
trenken posted...

Actraiser 2 exists...
It has no building gameplay, just side-scroller stages. I'm assuming it's because most people prefered the action parts.

Yeah I meant a sequel that was more like the original. They tried to do something different with 2 because the original wasnt very popular, but what they thought held that game back is what I liked about it, so I never really got a sequel to Actraiser, not the one I wanted anyway.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#10splodeymissilePosted 5/29/2013 7:40:29 AM
Chokusetsu posted...
Actraiser 2 exists...

No it doesn't. It has been written out of existence by The Master.

http://media.photobucket.com/user/starlysh/media/Master_thumbsup.gif.html?filters[term]=the%20master%20-%20thumbs%20up&filters[primary]=images
---
I've seen the colour of my soul and it's black.
Nintendo network ID: missile