Wii U is a kids console

#1GSPgreasesPosted 6/2/2013 8:08:47 AM
Do you find that perception offensive ? Its been marketed toward younger kids since the beginning. While other consoles surfaced with more mature titles, nintendo remained the same

I dont think its a bad thing because theres millions of kids that need a kid friendly console to play light hearted games.

why do you have a problem with this perception?
#2BeanBeanKingdomPosted 6/2/2013 8:10:21 AM
The Wii U's been marketed?
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#3Shadowbird_RHPosted 6/2/2013 8:10:58 AM
Because it wrongly implies that it's not for all audiences.
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
#4masa8munePosted 6/2/2013 8:14:02 AM
naw it's both for kids,teenagers and adult.
---
Henryxolivia
"Special delivery!"
#5digiblasterPosted 6/2/2013 8:14:12 AM
The problem I have is that while it's accessible to kids, it's not designed just for kids. Plenty of Nintendo games are far more 'mature' than a lot of the content the other consoles have, so while games like Kirby's Epic Yarn are obviously designed with the intention of accessibility, it frustrates me that absolutely brilliant games like Mario Galaxy and Xenoblade Chronicles get lumped together as 'kiddie' games.

That, and it's always used in an offensive manner. I love Pokemon, which is primarily designed for a younger audience, but it has far more depth than people give it credit for. If I told people that I play it, they wouldn't say "that's a game for kids" unless they intended it to be offensive. The whole 'hardcore' CoD culture has vastly screwed with people's perception of gaming, and people are almost ashamed to talk about games they play if they aren't rated M/18+.
---
Yeah, that's a problem games had back then. You actually had to get good at them. - Mctias
#6Core_PrimePosted 6/2/2013 8:16:43 AM
The console is for everyone. End of story.
---
"What does 'it' mean?"
#7Steel_ShadowsPosted 6/2/2013 8:36:21 AM(edited)
GSPgreases posted...
Do you find that perception offensive ? Its been marketed toward younger kids since the beginning. While other consoles surfaced with more mature titles, nintendo remained the same

I dont think its a bad thing because theres millions of kids that need a kid friendly console to play light hearted games.

why do you have a problem with this perception?

... Because the console launched with Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed, Ninja Gaiden and ZombiU, with Bayonetta 2 as one of its upcoming exclusives, and you may notice this is a large portion of its library worth owning (be it on this system or another). You can argue up and down about whether or not Nintendo's franchises are "kiddy" but those games certainly are not.
---
Games are like women, they don't have to be smokin' hawt to make me happy.-Mr_X_Returns
Member of the IRDC, where everything's a dirty joke.
#8YoyokuKOPosted 6/2/2013 8:38:08 AM
where are the T-rated games anyways?
#9thanthenPosted 6/2/2013 8:40:10 AM
on playstation.
---
Rock is fine, scissors are overpowered.
-paper
#10teknic1200Posted 6/2/2013 8:50:36 AM
Huh? I'm 40, have no kids, and have a wii u.

the hype train. I'll bet most of the people saying wii u is a kids console are under the age of 18. teenagers are kids.
---
Today is the Tomorrow you were promised Yesterday