Non Wii U Owners: What will it take today to convince you to buy a Wii U?

#1AdamLazarusoPosted 6/11/2013 12:10:38 AM
Out of the games that Nintendo are expected to show today, Super Smash Bros is the only one that I think could help convince me to buy a Wii U (I would probably buy Mario 3D if I already owned the console but I'm definitely not going to go out and buy one just for that).

So hopefully they'll spring a few surprises. I would love to see:

- Some sort of Skies of Arcadia game, whether it be a remake or a sequel.
- Proper Fire Emblem game, not a crossover with SMT.
- Tales of... game.
- Baten Kaitos game.
- An actual Paper Mario game rather than the crap we've gotten with Super Paper Mario and Sticker Star.
- At least two new IPs
- Ace Attorney game
- Any sort of indication that the console is going to pick up more third party support.
- Kingdom Hearts 3
- Final Fantasy XV
- Metal Gear Solid V

Obvz the last three are pretty unlikely to happen but it would go a huge way towards convincing me to buy a Wii U if it did.

What about you guys?
---
We should make a verbal agreement to only kiss each other.
#2Goten55Posted 6/11/2013 12:14:25 AM
Simple.
Pokemon Stadium 3. Smash is gonna be amazing, but I'll just get the 3DS version.
FE X SMT sounds interesting though
---
Winry Rockbell month/One year anniversary of sigs: Hideyoshi from Baka and Test (March 2013)
http://i.imgur.com/REf1mmi.jpg http://i.imgur.com/BFfB9Oe.gif
#3AdamLazaruso(Topic Creator)Posted 6/11/2013 12:16:14 AM
Pokemon Stadium 3 is definitely an interesting proposition, though I have a feeling that my fond memories of the earlier games is just childhood nostalgia.
---
#4UponADarkThornePosted 6/11/2013 12:19:55 AM
A price drop, at this point.

I was totally set on getting the Wii U, since I thought it would be the cheapest thing by far - but considering that it's only fifty dollars less than the PS4, as much as I love Nintendo franchises, I love the Witcher, Elder Scrolls, and Fallout more.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/wolfbornson
#5AdamLazaruso(Topic Creator)Posted 6/11/2013 12:21:26 AM
Oh yeah, price drop too. I'm not going to buy it at its current price, but I probably won't get one for another six months at least if I do so there's a good chance the price will be down by then anyway.
---
#6Aarosmashguy27Posted 6/11/2013 12:21:37 AM
I'm a going to buy one regardless I just want a few more games to come out for it first. I have to play smash bros and sonic.
#7Monkmaster79Posted 6/11/2013 12:21:52 AM
AdamLazaruso posted...
Out of the games that Nintendo are expected to show today, Super Smash Bros is the only one that I think could help convince me to buy a Wii U (I would probably buy Mario 3D if I already owned the console but I'm definitely not going to go out and buy one just for that).

So hopefully they'll spring a few surprises. I would love to see:

- Some sort of Skies of Arcadia game, whether it be a remake or a sequel. Well, with Nintendo being all buddy buddy with Sega, sure
- Proper Fire Emblem game, not a crossover with SMT. IS wouldn't be working on a second Fire Emblem game already. This is their first HD game anyhow. They don't have the resources to work on two games at once.
- Tales of... game. Exclusive to Sony consoles
- Baten Kaitos game. If Namco wants to make a new one
- An actual Paper Mario game rather than the crap we've gotten with Super Paper Mario and Sticker Star. lol
- At least two new IPs Doesn't Nintendo have enough?
- Ace Attorney game Ace Attorney 5 for the 3ds
- Any sort of indication that the console is going to pick up more third party support. lol
- Kingdom Hearts 3 ehhhh
- Final Fantasy XV Highly doubt it
- Metal Gear Solid V Very highly doubt it

Obvz the last three are pretty unlikely to happen but it would go a huge way towards convincing me to buy a Wii U if it did.

What about you guys?

---
Fans. Crazy Titanic fans. - Junpei - 9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors
Stop quoting people on my ignore list!
#8BruceLee007Posted 6/11/2013 12:25:32 AM
Exclusive Mega Man game.
---
PSN-BruceLee007
#9RevolutionZealPosted 6/11/2013 12:29:32 AM
Zelda WW, Zelda Wii U(or whatever it's called), and the next Xeno game.

If not those, than any sort of good exclusives (obviously). Something for them to not screw up. I'll buy one later regardless because...

Nintendo/Sony 2013
#10demesjos2Posted 6/11/2013 12:29:53 AM
Non gamepad version with account based online and decent memory. I don't want to get a hard drive. I would like games bought to be available on my 3ds and u that are akin to PS one classics. I have two psps, one vita and a ps3 that all have my PS one classics on them. If my 3ds and two dsi's had that option I would buy games from Nintendo's online. Oh and would it kill them to release some of the awesome GBA games. Im so close to just hacking one of the dsi to load ROMs of games I bought years ago that the batteries died. I would give Nintendo so much business if my 3ds could DL GBA games from that awesome library.
---
--- best commercial ever http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWSIFh8ICaA