is it bad if i actually think this is the best next gen console?

#1Tatakai-No-KamiPosted 6/11/2013 3:09:31 AM
right now we are being shafted in terms of games, but nintendos direct is today so hopefully we will see some good stuff.

i feel like if the wii u had the games, it would be the best one. reasons:

1- free online (sony sold out =/)
2- cheapest console
3- best controller (pro controller is probably the best controller i ever used)
4- system selling games are all exclusives
5- not trying to compete with the other 2
6- console specs are a big step up from nintendos last gen
7- console specs are slightly better than ps360

i feel like they did the best job balancing their console out and updating just the things that needed updating. if we just see some games, i think nintendo wins.
---
KINGLER for president.
http://i.imgur.com/ipgZbBu.png
#2AdamLazarusoPosted 6/11/2013 3:12:09 AM
Poor third party support is the huge anchor weighing the Wii U down at the moment. If they can sort that out then it could have a bright future.

Unfortunately I think the poor CPU could be a huge stumbling block on the way to securing good third party support. Nintendo might come to regret that.
---
We should make a verbal agreement to only kiss each other.
#3Dark_IxionPosted 6/11/2013 3:16:20 AM
Not at all. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. It all comes down to which system has the games that you want to play. There are other factors too, but game availability should be most people's primary reason for liking a console. At least that's what I believe :)
---
Currently waiting for: FF15, X & Y, Dragon's Dogma 2, Dark Souls 2, Smash Brothers 4.
#4Tatakai-No-Kami(Topic Creator)Posted 6/11/2013 3:16:22 AM
AdamLazaruso posted...
Poor third party support is the huge anchor weighing the Wii U down at the moment. If they can sort that out then it could have a bright future.

Unfortunately I think the poor CPU could be a huge stumbling block on the way to securing good third party support. Nintendo might come to regret that.

the CPU isnt poor though. its just not better than ps4/x1

i think they made a good call economizing on that to keep the price down
---
KINGLER for president.
#5AdamLazarusoPosted 6/11/2013 3:17:46 AM
More than one developer has criticised the CPU on the Wii U. It seems to be causing problems.
---
#6Neo_HeartlessPosted 6/11/2013 3:20:47 AM
AdamLazaruso posted...
More than one developer has criticised the CPU on the Wii U. It seems to be causing problems.

The Metro developer commented on the CPU, but at the same time mentioned how their staffing issues meant they were already struggling to work with the PS3 and didn't have time for a new console.

It's MUH CELL all over again I'm afraid. It's not that the CPU is weak, it's that the hardware needs to be learned, which caused all those sub-par ports the PS3 got.
---
[Wubeth Intensifies]
#7ucdplayaPosted 6/11/2013 3:27:17 AM
1. No account system
2. Online system sucks
3. Digital games tied to console
4. Weak network hardware (Needs a dongle to connect to a 3DS)
5. Not next-gen

Yea, you're bad.
#8Tatakai-No-Kami(Topic Creator)Posted 6/11/2013 3:36:40 AM
ucdplaya posted...
1. No account system
2. Online system sucks
3. Digital games tied to console
4. Weak network hardware (Needs a dongle to connect to a 3DS)
5. Not next-gen

Yea, you're bad.

1- do i need an account system? you kind of get a wii shop account, which is the same thing anyway
2- its free. i dont care. $60 a month for online is the price of a day one game. not happening.
3- i dont buy digital games regardless, so it doesnt affect me. could be an issue for someone else i suppose.
4- ok? ok.
5- define "next gen" IMO, all 3 of the current consoles are not next-gen in terms of specs. they are all just somewhat better than their last gen counterparts. the wii u is like a god compared to its last gen counterpart.
---
KINGLER for president.
#9AdamLazarusoPosted 6/11/2013 3:44:43 AM
Who's charging $60 a month for their online service?
---
#10ninsony12Posted 6/11/2013 3:50:08 AM
It would be worse if you would deny this truth.
---
If you believe in Sony, have accepted Them as your choice in gaming, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.