Super Mario 3D World.... laziest, most uninspired 3D Mario game ever

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Super Mario 3D World.... laziest, most uninspired 3D Mario game ever
2 years ago#1
What a colossal disappointment. With the N64 we got the groundbreaking Super Mario 64, then the Gamecube got Super Mario Sunshine, with the Wii revolutionizing Mario and platformers again with the Super Mario Galaxy games. Hell even the 3DS did something new with Super Mario 3D Land. Now they needed to make a 3D Mario for Wii U, and instead of make something fresh and original, it's basically a sequel to 3D Land?

Are Nintendo seriously trying to make people sick of Mario games with the lack of originality or they have lost their ability to think up new Mario games that have made the series what it is? Something is wrong
---
I am the son and the heir,
Of a shyness that is criminally vulgar
2 years ago#2
I would have taken Sunshine 2 over this.
---
http://alamocitytimes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Big-3.jpg
2 years ago#3
It looks fun... but it definitely is uninspired and didn't really make any waves on the water.
---
I'm a ninja. (You can't see me)
http://colorslive.com/author.php?page=1&id=38434
2 years ago#4
GET OUT. It looks amazing!
---
Waddle Dee and Toad for SSB4!
2 years ago#5
I actually think the new mario game looks pretty good.
---
I'll be a jerk to strangers because this is the internet
i7 3770s @ 3.1ghz, asus gtx 660, gskill ripjaws 8 gb, ASUS|P8B75-V R, ocz 700w psu, 1.5 tb seagate hdd
2 years ago#6
I had suspected it would be a sequel to 3D Land. I didn't expect them to actually make Peach playable again though.....
2 years ago#7
Absolutely shocking! x
---
Wii-U addy BEADY MINK
2 years ago#8
The thing I find so hilarious is that I didn't believe Yahtzee of Zero Punctuation when he said that they had nowhere to go after Galaxy. I thought that was just a joke, but he's been completely correct! haha
---
"Hairy Zeus on a traffic light!"
-Deadpool, Issue #3
2 years ago#9
It was incredibly disappointing. I really thought Nintendo would impress and things would pick up in the fall, but I see a very bleak future for them now.

They didn't even show anything from Zelda U or SMT X FE. At the least they could have thrown us some information. The January Nintendo Direct was a lot better than this.
---
NNID: jtr219
2 years ago#10
It looks fun, and it does look nice, but it's no Galaxy.

Looks like we're gonna have to wait another 3-4 years for the Galaxy-esque Super Mario.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Super Mario 3D World.... laziest, most uninspired 3D Mario game ever

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived