Will Kingdom Hearts 3 come to WiiU?

#1FenderMasterPosted 6/12/2013 8:55:32 AM
Will Kingdom Hearts 3 come to WiiU? - Results (345 votes)
Yes, it will be announced before the end of E3 2013
8.12% (28 votes)
Yes, it will be announced at a later date, possibly a Nintendo Direct
35.36% (122 votes)
Yes, as long as SE get DX11 working on WiiU
17.68% (61 votes)
No, the WiiU may not be powerful enough to run whatever Nomura's vision will be
15.94% (55 votes)
No, the WiiU won't sell enough to make porting worthwhile
8.7% (30 votes)
No, porting to WiiU would take too much time/effort compared to the X1
14.2% (49 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I love your optimism
---
http://www.jvp-boston.org
#2Freakzilla5Posted 6/12/2013 8:59:07 AM
sales go up and it'll begin looking more and more likely, if not then doubtful.

it's all about $.
#3CrystalKing5426Posted 6/12/2013 9:02:53 AM
I thought MS fully owned DX11. The Ps4 ain't using it.
---
Other M is the One More Day of Metroid
Evil King of the Zelda Wii U Board
#4KingTurtPosted 6/12/2013 9:05:20 AM
Fender, these topics have been going back and forth between you and I. So let me ask, why exactly DON'T you think KH3 would be on WiiU? What reasoning is there for you to believe that. Hardware isn't an issue, the game would sell on the Wii U (a lot more than it would on Xbone) I just don't get you, foo.
#5FenderMaster(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2013 9:23:18 AM(edited)
KingTurt posted...
Fender, these topics have been going back and forth between you and I. So let me ask, why exactly DON'T you think KH3 would be on WiiU? What reasoning is there for you to believe that. Hardware isn't an issue, the game would sell on the Wii U (a lot more than it would on Xbone) I just don't get you, foo.

1. Because KH3 has only just begun development, it did not begin development on PS360. It may be designed on SE's next gen game engines, which are clearly designed with PS4 and X1 in mind rather than WiiU.

2. Because SE hasn't put any main entries in either FF or KH franchises since the SNES. There has never been any KH game on Nintendo home consoles (GC or Wii).

3. The argument that WiiU has an inbuilt fanbase of KH fans is faulty. It assumes that the KH fans who bought the GBA, DS and 3DS games do own, or intend to buy a WiiU. You haven't considered the possibility that the GBA/DS/3DS Kingdom Hearts audience is not the same audience who bought the WiiU, or that may intend to buy the game on PS4 instead which would render an inferior WiiU edition worthless as anyone who has a PS4 also would naturally choose that version.

tl;dr perhaps the WiiU audience is not the same as the Nintendo handheld KH audience.

4. Because SE have confirmed it's for PS4 and X1, why would they not have confirmed it for WiiU if they were already developing for it? I can see no reason why not to.

5. Because WiiU hasn't sold very well, and consumer/investor faith is lower in the WiiU than in the PS4 or even the X1.

6. Because due to the radically different (and inferior) hadware of the WiiU compared to the PC architecture of all other formats, the WiiU version would take more time, effort and money to port. Consider the limited audience addressable on WiiU and the expense and time involved in porting, and investors will say no.
---
#6FenderMaster(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2013 9:26:29 AM
Oh, and the fact that no games announced for next gen formats exclusively (PS4 and X1 with no PS360 release) have been announced for WiiU, if KH is announced then it will be the first. All other third party WiiU games announced have PS360 editions. KH3 is not getting a PS360 release Think about that.
---
#7KingTurtPosted 6/12/2013 9:33:57 AM
FenderMaster posted...
KingTurt posted...

1. Because KH3 has only just begun development, it did not begin development on PS360. It may be designed on SE's next gen game engines, which are clearly designed with PS4 and X1 in mind rather than WiiU.

2. Because SE hasn't put any main entries in either FF or KH franchises since the SNES. There has never been any KH game on Nintendo home consoles (GC or Wii).

3. The argument that WiiU has an inbuilt fanbase of KH fans is faulty. It assumes that the KH fans who bought the GBA, DS and 3DS games do own, or intend to buy a WiiU. You haven't considered the possibility that the GBA/DS/3DS Kingdom Hearts audience is not the same audience who bought the WiiU, or that may intend to buy the game on PS4 instead which would render an inferior WiiU edition worthless as anyone who has a PS4 also would naturally choose that version.

tl;dr perhaps the WiiU audience is not the same as the Nintendo handheld KH audience.

4. Because SE have confirmed it's for PS4 and X1, why would they not have confirmed it for WiiU if they were already developing for it? I can see no reason why not to.

5. Because WiiU hasn't sold very well, and consumer/investor faith is lower in the WiiU than in the PS4 or even the X1.

6. Because due to the radically different (and inferior) hadware of the WiiU compared to the PC architecture of all other formats, the WiiU version would take more time, effort and money to port. Consider the limited audience addressable on WiiU and the expense and time involved in porting, and investors will say no.

1. Give me the source where it says that they are designed for PS4 and X1.

2. You're wrong on that one. Do your research.

3. Either way it's the people on those NINTENDO systems that have made the games sell well. It's still a good way to think of it.

4. Microsoft confirmed it the day AFTER their press conference. Nintendo might wanna announce it during a Direct later on. WIth rumoured Directs being on Saturday and Sunday.

5. Lol thinking people have more faith in the Xbox One. Also, WiiU sales will pick up VERY soon in 2013-2014. It already has a 4m+ userbase over the PS4 and Xbone.

6. Hardware isn't an issue this generation. Sure, it would take more to port it, but they would make the money back bringing it to WiiU unlike the Xbone version. You can't talk about an audience when the PS4 and Xbone don't even have any yet since they haven't released.

Any point you try to make is easily disputable. I don't know why you so badly don't wanna see KH3 on WiiU, but like I said, it can easily happen.
#8FenderMaster(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2013 9:48:16 AM(edited)
1. It hasn't been confirmed, but given that it's only just started development, it's safe to assume it's being made using SE's latest engine. It would be a waste not to use it.

2. No, I'm right. Crystal Chronicles and Chocobo Dungeon aren't main FF games, they're spinoffs. The DS games are remakes of old games. No new entries in the FF series of games since FFVI has been released on a Nintendo console.

3. Could be the same people, could be different people... How would you know?

4. I think if Nintendo was smart and knew it was coming, they would have told us by now, otherwise it makes them look bad...

5. Investors probably do... If only because it's a much cheaper and easier port.

6. You don't know if hardware will be an issue. A game designed on a next gen engine for a console with 8GB of RAM, an x86 8 Core CPU and a high end Radeon GPU capable of 1.84 Terraflops may not be easily portable to a console with 3GB of Ram (OS and gamepad draw), a 2 core 1.2 Ghz CPU and god knows what GPU.

You can say that the game won't push the hardware, but you've seen almost nothing of the game yet, they may yet reveal footage that clearly is beyond the WiiU's capability.

7. You haven't addressed. It would be very unusual for KH to break a trend.
---
#9Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 6/12/2013 9:48:35 AM
A combination of the first two Nos/
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17oodar3kvfbjjpg/original.jpg
#10ElectricMolePosted 6/12/2013 9:53:36 AM
There's no 360/ps3 version announced.

That already says a lot to those of you saying they'd bother making a downgraded version.

Think about that.
---
NinNetID: ElectricMole, 3DS: 2406-6466-8802
http://psnprofiles.com/kronekodow7188