After a day of thinking, DKC:Tropical Freeze...

#11MichaelDeAngeloPosted 6/12/2013 11:39:02 AM
Xavuu posted...
I'm buying it day 1.

---
Alundra is the best top-down Zelda game since Link to the Past.
Darksiders is the best 3D Zelda game since Ocarina of Time.
#12ADHDguitarPosted 6/12/2013 11:40:31 AM
Honestly, another Prime would have been equally disappointing.

I wanted a new IP, but I'll be buying DKC.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#13jbhensPosted 6/12/2013 11:44:17 AM
Retro blew me away with what they accomplished on the Gamecube with the original Metroid Prime. It was incredible. Would love to have seen them working on something else. DKCR is nice, but these types of games can be outsourced to anyone. Seeing Retro working on a 2D platformer is the equivalent of having Mono Soft working on a ice climbers game. Waste of talent and development.
#14TerotrousPosted 6/12/2013 11:46:28 AM(edited)
Yeah, there's really no way to complain about DKC and want Prime. A new IP or a revival of a dead IP might have been nice, but I'm fine with this for now. After all, this game is almost done, and Retro will be working on a new game soon.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "NES Hi no Tori"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#15the_cajun88Posted 6/12/2013 11:49:44 AM
manmouse posted...
a letdown and failed 3D attempt on N64

No.

DK64 was awesome and sold well.
---
University of Tennessee Alumni
http://i.imgur.com/jC1P9wo.jpg
#16wombatkiddPosted 6/12/2013 11:50:33 AM
Xavuu posted...
I'm buying it day 1.

---
---
"Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master."
#17Jack_the_monke7Posted 6/12/2013 11:53:23 AM
Retro made 3 Metroid games. I think its fair they get at least 2 DK games before moving on to another franchise.
---
King Boo for Super Smash Bros.
Spread the word, show your support
#18DeathSoul2000Posted 6/12/2013 11:54:38 AM
jbhens posted...
Retro blew me away with what they accomplished on the Gamecube with the original Metroid Prime. It was incredible. Would love to have seen them working on something else. DKCR is nice, but these types of games can be outsourced to anyone. Seeing Retro working on a 2D platformer is the equivalent of having Mono Soft working on a ice climbers game. Waste of talent and development.

implying 2d platformers are worthless.
#19CyberSturmPosted 6/12/2013 11:54:52 AM
Xavuu posted...
I'm buying it day 1.

---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#20DKU_ArichPosted 6/12/2013 12:09:11 PM
closetkpopfan posted...
As a huge Metroid fan it's extremely disappointing when I think about the fact that I could be playing a new Metroid game in November, now we're looking at probably 2015 if we're lucky for another Metroid game. Assuming one isn't already in development anyway, and even if one is I doubt it makes it in 2014 anyway.

As a huge Donkey Kong Country fan, it's nice to see that DKCR wasn't just a one-time thing and the series is back on the market. Until DKCR we didn't think we'd ever see a Donkey Kong Country game again, and even then that game wasn't without its issues (I personally felt the big ones were lack of water levels, uninteresting/bland enemies and somewhat mediocre music). In contrast to DKCR, this new game has BEAUTIFUL water levels, pretty neat enemies and THE ORIGINAL COMPOSER scoring the soundtrack (along with the guy who did the Super Metroid soundtrack, funnily enough). It's going to be absolutely heavenly and we're going to see it in its HD glory. Truly a beautiful time to be a Donkey Kong Country fan.

I feel for you Metroid fans, I really do. But I wouldn't take this game away for the world. A new DKC game with David Wise scoring the music is everything (and more) than we could've possibly asked for, and I know I'm speaking for lots of DKC fans when I say that.

Like, before DKCR, the last BIG Donkey Kong title was DK64 back in 1999, and for a long time the franchise was more or less tossed around to different developers who didn't utilize it to its full potential. In 2007, people jumped for joy seeing Diddy revealed in Smash Bros. because it gave hope for the franchise. I was one of those people.