Thinking of going Wii U :D

#1jordyboy1000Posted 6/12/2013 10:54:22 AM
I'm equally fond of both Sony and Nintendo, and with all of the great exclusives Wii u will be getting I'm thinking of buying one. However I do think the Ps4 looks good and all my friends will have one before the end of the year but it looks like the games I really want( Kh3,Ff15, 1886,Mm's next game),won't be out for a year or so. Well what do you think I should buy first?

(Try and be honest and reasonable in your answer.)
(I'm buying one this year and one next year)
---
"This is a great place to fight... Don't you think?" - Lili
"Hi, I'm Alisa! Now you must die!!" - Alisa
#2ArchsazePosted 6/12/2013 10:55:58 AM
Wii U will have the better library come ps4 launch. You'd regret not being able to play mk8 next spring.
#3TerotrousPosted 6/12/2013 10:56:47 AM
Well Wii U will have more games out by the holiday season simply by virtue of being released earlier, also it might be on sale on Black Friday.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "NES Hi no Tori"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#4cybersonic233Posted 6/12/2013 10:57:32 AM
jordyboy1000 posted...
I'm equally fond of both Sony and Nintendo, and with all of the great exclusives Wii u will be getting I'm thinking of buying one. However I do think the Ps4 looks good and all my friends will have one before the end of the year but it looks like the games I really want( Kh3,Ff15, 1886,Mm's next game),won't be out for a year or so. Well what do you think I should buy first?

(Try and be honest and reasonable in your answer.)
(I'm buying one this year and one next year)

PS4 Wii U and 3DS you all set this gen its a good system 2014 will be a good year for both systems
#5jordyboy1000(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2013 10:59:30 AM
Terotrous posted...
Well Wii U will have more games out by the holiday season simply by virtue of being released earlier, also it might be on sale on Black Friday.

I'm British so we don't really have Black Friday :( I will however try and pick it up around Xmas time with all the deals and discounts.
---
#6Enigma149Posted 6/12/2013 11:01:18 AM(edited)
Buy the Wii U first, but wait for a price drop, or until August (when more games start coming out).

Come next year, buy a PS4 once a store puts it on sale. Actually, you should probably import your PS4 from the United States, since it's region free, about $150 cheaper, and I doubt taxes and import duties will be that much.
---
3DS: 4897-5935-1924; NNID: CrimsonEnigma; Steam: CrimsonEnigma
''If you think a system will make you look mature, you ain't mature'' -squatch22
#7Redjoker777Posted 6/12/2013 11:01:52 AM
Get Ps4 if hearts/fantasy are launch titles.

If they aren't grab a Wii U.
---
Loshadt-"There are times when I wish I were capable of hating people to death."
#8jordyboy1000(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2013 11:02:58 AM
Which games would you guys recommend?
( I only know about the new ssmb and MK8, I haven't watched the Nintendo direct yet)
---
#9cybersonic233Posted 6/12/2013 11:04:03 AM
Enigma149 posted...
Buy the Wii U first, but wait for a price drop, or until August (when more games start coming out).

Come next year, buy a PS4 once a store puts it on sale. Actually, you should probably import your PS4 from the United States, since it's region free, about $150 cheaper, and I doubt taxes and import duties will be that much.

considered that myself worked out to about 100 in duty
#10Enigma149Posted 6/12/2013 11:08:13 AM
jordyboy1000 posted...
Which games would you guys recommend?
( I only know about the new ssmb and MK8, I haven't watched the Nintendo direct yet)

-There's NSMBU, which is great (especially if you're like me and didn't play any other NSMB games).
-If you have played the other NSMB games, and liked them but don't feel as though you'll want NSMBU, you should still pick up NSLU when it's released as a stand-alone game in July.
-Nintendoland's fun, but that comes with the Wii U (don't get the Basic).
-Pikmin is one of my favorite series of the 2000s, and Pikmin 3 looks to have pretty similar gameplay (there's not a major story, so you'd be fine starting with it).
-If you don't have it yet on another system, Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed is a great kart racer, and considerably faster-paced than Mario Kart.
-If you've never played it, get Wind Waker HD.
---
3DS: 4897-5935-1924; NNID: CrimsonEnigma; Steam: CrimsonEnigma
''If you think a system will make you look mature, you ain't mature'' -squatch22