Reggie: I Gave Up Understanding Why The Media Reports What They Do

#1StickMen1090Posted 6/12/2013 1:27:18 PM
“I was emailing back and forth with Mr. Iwata a couple of weeks ago and he asked me why one reporter in the U.S. was saying that Nintendo ‘wouldn’t even be at E3’ this year.
I told him I gave up a long time ago trying to figure out why people report what they do.
But we do understand that changing our approach this year may have caused some confusion. Our reasoning is pretty simple — different people come to the show with different needs. And most of you have seen how it’s played out by now.”

http://mynintendonews.com/2013/06/12/reggie-says-i-gave-up-understanding-why-the-media-reports-what-they-do/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook
#2thefabregas22Posted 6/12/2013 1:27:51 PM
Hah reggie with passion makes me warm
---
Steam thefabregas22
Psn Admiral Classy Let's got down to the dirty!
#3BeanBeanKingdomPosted 6/12/2013 1:29:10 PM
Must be hard being the face of Nintendo in the country where the media like to bash you for not complying to their views on how the industry should be.
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#4nonexistingheroPosted 6/12/2013 1:29:19 PM
For many journalists I've been wondering why they even have a job. They deserve to be homeless bums with garbage skills like that.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#5MilesTeg420Posted 6/12/2013 1:32:12 PM
"I gave up on doing my job."

Nintendo hasn't been clear in recent years about anything. They need an overhaul.

They hid a DKC game releasing in less than 5 months. They should have showed this before to generate more interest in the platform.

And Nintendo's whole approach to revealing games is anti-media. They want to be showed the game before consumer so they can post gameplay impressions, screens, and video long beforehand.
#6nonexistingheroPosted 6/12/2013 1:39:40 PM
MilesTeg420 posted...

Nintendo hasn't been clear in recent years about anything. They need an overhaul.

They hid a DKC game releasing in less than 5 months. They should have showed this before to generate more interest in the platform.

And Nintendo's whole approach to revealing games is anti-media. They want to be showed the game before consumer so they can post gameplay impressions, screens, and video long beforehand.

So do you facepalm when you reread your post?
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#7cavebear56Posted 6/12/2013 1:44:43 PM
nonexistinghero posted...
For many journalists I've been wondering why they even have a job. They deserve to be homeless bums with garbage skills like that.

This.

All no talent hacks looking more for tweet followers or whatever the kids do today than trying to be reasonable, fair and objective.

Doubt many of them even play games and I know they lack any sort of professionalism

I can sympathize with Reggie in that United States journalists (not just gaming ones either) are downright moronic.
---
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
#8rafiiillaPosted 6/12/2013 2:07:44 PM
MilesTeg420 posted...

Nintendo teases new games before E3: "Bah!!! Nintendo shouldn't have teased those games so they have something to reveal at E3"

Nintendo shoes DKC:TF at E3 without previous notice: "Bah! nintnedo should've shown this game before E3!!"

No matter what Nintendo does... there's always someone that complains
---
NNID: rafiiilla
http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/4797/rehash2.jpg
#9YamiYugi4400Posted 6/12/2013 6:44:46 PM
BeanBeanKingdom posted...
Must be hard being the face of Nintendo in the country where the media like to bash you for not complying to their views on how the industry should be.

And i think, Whats the point of loving your job, if no one loves you for doing it.
---
Exodia - Obliterate!!!
#10MilesTeg420Posted 6/12/2013 6:48:20 PM
YamiYugi4400 posted...
BeanBeanKingdom posted...

And i think, Whats the point of loving your job, if no one loves you for doing it.

Maybe if we got more collector's edition games and systems like Japan there would be a reason to care about Reggie. As it stands NA has been getting the shaft for years and our Club Nintendo rewards suck.