Reggie: I Gave Up Understanding Why The Media Reports What They Do

#61SKYMAN07Posted 6/13/2013 8:54:01 AM
Reggie's never been the same with the media since the leaked report of his severe beating of Kaz Hirai in a fight (that Hirai started) in a public toilet at E3 2008.

Nintendo paid $25 million to keep that seriously hush hush, only for some punk blogger to try to let the cat out of the bag.

Luckily for Reggie the big sites didn't pick up on it.

#62Enigma149Posted 6/13/2013 9:01:18 AM(edited)
jbhens posted...
Your defending Nintendo for no reason. Even after the Nintendo Direct people were questioning if their were going to be more directs or anything else because Nintendo doesn't make anything clear. Developer directs of some games popped up without Nintendo making it clear they were even doing that or that they were putting them up. Then on top of everything, your E3 Nintendo Direct stream was a total failure for so many people. If Nintendo can't be clear and precise with the information they are trying to get over, then gamers and journalists aren't going to know what is going on.

*sigh*

I guess I better respond...

1) I'm not defending Nintendo. I'm attacking the media, for not having the reading comprehension of a 10-year-old.

2) If Nintendo didn't make it clear that they were doing developer directs, why were lowly forum posters such as the one here (http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/29401283/nintendo-reveals-full-e3-schedule) and even some news outlets (http://wiiudaily.com/2013/06/nintendos-full-e3-schedule/) able to figure out and report a week in advance that they were going to happen?

3) What do you mean "your" Nintendo direct stream? Oh - you still think I'm defending Nintendo. Newsflash - not everyone who doesn't blindly hate Nintendo and criticize everything they do is a rabid Nintendo fanboy.

4) I'm well aware that the Nintendo direct stream was a problem for some people. Not me, because I didn't watch it live (you know...work...), and I won't defend them for that. At the same time, though, I will point out that all 3 conferences had technical issues (Battlefield 4 not playing and Assassin's Creed 4 crashing, for example).
---
3DS: 4897-5935-1924; NNID: CrimsonEnigma; Steam: CrimsonEnigma
''If you think a system will make you look mature, you ain't mature'' -squatch22
#63Lan915Posted 6/13/2013 9:00:30 AM
This is easy, unlike the past, most journalist nowadays are biased against anything they don't like. Real journalist should be showing their news in a neutral matter, not like the likes of Fox(Republican) or CNN(Democrat).
---
"I lost but breakfast was fantastic" - Rutledge Wood
#64JackalPosted 6/13/2013 9:06:22 AM
Sounds like Reggie is prepping us for his sudden resignation announcement from the hostile gaming industry.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz
#65Enigma149Posted 6/13/2013 9:07:07 AM
Lan915 posted...
This is easy, unlike the past, most journalist nowadays are biased against anything they don't like. Real journalist should be showing their news in a neutral matter, not like the likes of Fox(Republican) or CNN(Democrat).

To be fair, NBC is probably a better example for Democratic bias than CNN. At least CNN tries to look somewhat moderate.
---
3DS: 4897-5935-1924; NNID: CrimsonEnigma; Steam: CrimsonEnigma
''If you think a system will make you look mature, you ain't mature'' -squatch22
#66darkjedilinkPosted 6/13/2013 9:32:15 AM
Enigma149 posted...
Lan915 posted...

To be fair, NBC is probably a better example for Democratic bias than CNN. At least CNN tries to look somewhat moderate.

NBC is definitely a better example - they don't bother to hide their disdain for anything that isn't ultra-liberal. CNN has some hardcore analysts with their own opinion shows, but their hard-news broadcasts always came across to me as though they were trying to keep it pretty neutral.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#67Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 6/13/2013 9:36:58 AM

CNN? You obviously have not seen much cable news.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17oodar3kvfbjjpg/original.jpg
#68Von23Posted 6/13/2013 9:39:08 AM
I agree with Reggie....

The gaming media has turned on Nintendo ever since the GC when Nintendo Objectivley had the most quality based games.

It's to hard to quantify all the hate. I equate it to modern politics and how the democrat party have posioned the well but that's the only thing that seems similar.
---
This ain't nothing like Kung-Fu more like watch what the Gun do.