Wow WiiU is dead in the UK (for now)...

#1GietzyPosted 6/12/2013 2:34:46 PM
I hope this thing picks up. Hopefully it will with all the cool games that have been announced. What are it's world wide sales like at the moment?

I went to Tescos this evening (UK equivelant of Wallmart) and it was one of those huge ones that sells absolutely everything. They had loads of PS3 and 360 games. They had some Wii games and they even had a few PC games. Handhelds were also well represented (3DS and Vita). They also had promotional stuff for the XBOne and PS4. Games clearly weren't a little side line, they obviously did a lot of business in that area. So what about the WiiU presence? They had one game: Lego City Undercover. They hadn't sold out of the others. They just didn't carry them. They didn't have a Wii U section. They just put the game at number 20 in their Wii section "chart". Foolishly I had been hoping to pick up monster hunter.

It's actually quite depressing. I know lots of people say the launch year is always dry but I can't think of any successful console that has had it this bad.
---
My Setup: http://tinyurl.com/d395sf6
PSN/XBL/Steam: Willavom
#2IokuaPosted 6/12/2013 2:35:29 PM
I like how you make these statements with no proof or anything to back up your claims.
---
Welcome to gamefaqs, where poverty is an illegal activity.
#3Wiiplayer111Posted 6/12/2013 2:36:02 PM
Sounds like Vita in America. My GameStop doesn't even have a Vita section.
---
Look at you.... sticking to the plan.
didyouknowgaming.com
#4ArchsazePosted 6/12/2013 2:36:33 PM
Nintendo is responding slow and steady. By holiday season there will be plenty of system sellers. Unfortunately that requires a lot of patience. :(
#5Gietzy(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2013 2:38:06 PM
Iokua posted...
I like how you make these statements with no proof or anything to back up your claims.

I was relaying my first hand experience of this evening when I tried to buy a game for my WiiU. How am I meant to provide evidence for that? Do you really want me to take pictures in Tescos?
---
#6The_BoredomsPosted 6/12/2013 2:40:10 PM
I firmly believe that the "My Setup" link in your sig is nothing more than a shamefully obvious advertisement for the Coca-Cola Company, and you should be ashamed. It also makes your anti-Tescos smear campaign confusing.
#7Gietzy(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2013 2:44:11 PM
The_Boredoms posted...
I firmly believe that the "My Setup" link in your sig is nothing more than a shamefully obvious advertisement for the Coca-Cola Company, and you should be ashamed. It also makes your anti-Tescos smear campaign confusing.

Damn, I am undone. The only part of my malign plot that you couldn't unpick was my intention to derail sales of Tesco brand cola.
---
#8andrea987Posted 6/12/2013 2:58:54 PM
Wiiplayer111 posted...
Sounds like Vita in America. My GameStop doesn't even have a Vita section.

Tesco is a supermarket. Sainsbury, Asda, etc, they only keep 'mainstream' games and consoles, they all reduced the shopfloor space they give to gaming in the last couple of years. Gamestop is a gaming store, so not to have a section for a console is quite telling.
---
Now playing: Dragon's Dogma, Ni no Kuni, Need for Speed MWU, Fifa 13, Sonic Racing.
Just finished: Batman ACAE, Trine 2 DC.
#9SpookyryuPosted 6/12/2013 3:01:53 PM
Archsaze posted...
Nintendo is responding slow and steady. By holiday season there will be plenty of system sellers. Unfortunately that requires a lot of patience. :(

like 3ds
#10wingo84Posted 6/12/2013 3:03:17 PM
All Tescos are like this!! It's pretty shocking to be fair

Most shops at least have a small Wii U section but Tesco just mix it with the Wii.
---
NNID - Wingo84
Learning the flute/Contemplating buying a 3DS