Just saw a really interesting Tumblr post about Nintendo's E3.

#1MacBookAirPosted 6/12/2013 5:31:22 PM
http://bradofarrell.tumblr.com/post/52826618740/this-year-at-e3-during-the-xbox-panel-during-a

I'll just quote the beginning:

This year at E3 during the Xbox panel during a scripted “trash talk” bit someone made a scripted rape joke (male gamer to girl gamer who sucks at a game: “just wait, it’ll all be over soon.”) and then they acted like it wasn’t a big deal and then they released an expensive, anti-consumer (DRM on physical games) piece of hardware. And then Sony just released the PS4 which is just the PS3 but better graphics and $100 cheaper than the Xbox. So THAT happened.

But then Nintendo just quietly released a bunch of great looking sequels for all of it’s major franchises (Mario, Pikmin, Donkey Kong, and Smash Bros.) and every single one of those games interestingly features playable female characters who haven’t been seen in decades like Dixie Kong and Princess Peach - and Pikmin now has a new female hero.

It's good to see girls in video games:
1) Being embraced as strong lead roles
2) NOT being overly-sexualized

I'm proud of Nintendo for this. Just thought I'd share.
---
Microsoft makes multimedia systems that plays games
Sony makes gaming systems that plays multimedia
#2dancing_cactuarPosted 6/12/2013 5:32:18 PM
...what.
---
I kinda like to imagine that all Voice-Actors are reality-jumping individuals basically stuck in a Quantum Leap situation.
#3T3H_1337_N1NJ4Posted 6/12/2013 5:33:39 PM
Oh great, more sexism talk.
---
To err is human, but to really screw things up you need a computer!
http://userstyles.org/styles/88555/gamefaqs-v13-revamp V13 Userstyle for a better site look
#4TerotrousPosted 6/12/2013 5:33:49 PM
That was the much-publicized rape joke? I totally would never have make that connection. To me, that can just describe any unpleasant experience, unless it's a quote from a movie or something that specifically refers to rape.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "NES Hi no Tori"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#5MacBookAir(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2013 5:34:48 PM
Terotrous posted...
That was the much-publicized rape joke? I totally would never have make that connection. To me, that can just describe any unpleasant experience, unless it's a quote from a movie or something that specifically refers to rape.

It's a little more on the radical feminist side, but they do make a good point. Nintendo is (very obviously) pushing their games to be more "socially progressive".
---
#6dancing_cactuarPosted 6/12/2013 5:35:31 PM
MacBookAir posted...
Terotrous posted...

It's a little more on the radical feminist side, but they do make a good point. Nintendo is (very obviously) pushing their games to be more "socially progressive".

I assume Metroid Other M was forgotten about then.
---
I kinda like to imagine that all Voice-Actors are reality-jumping individuals basically stuck in a Quantum Leap situation.
#7james_hellerPosted 6/12/2013 5:37:07 PM
*Watches Bayonetta 2 trailer*

Wut?
---
Xbox Live GT: Relentless x757
#8MacBookAir(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2013 5:37:32 PM
dancing_cactuar posted...
MacBookAir posted...
Terotrous posted...

I assume Metroid Other M was forgotten about then.

Yeah, but that was a few years ago. Things can change.
---
#9Ryu XPosted 6/12/2013 5:38:52 PM
Its a meme, the exact line was "just let it happen, it'll be over soon" There's a lot of gifs, basically a guy finishing in a girls face.
#10LorthremarPosted 6/12/2013 5:39:15 PM
>tumblr
>interesting

pick one.
---
It's amazing what acid can do.