Just saw a really interesting Tumblr post about Nintendo's E3.

#11plasmatic5Posted 6/12/2013 4:50:33 PM
james_heller posted...
*Watches Bayonetta 2 trailer*

Wut?

You realize that Bayonetta is completely satirizing the way women are shown in games. Bayonetta 2 looked like it hasn't changed that in anyway. Hell, I have a female friend who is very feministic and she could even see how Bayonetta is supposed to be a satire in that sense. Everything is just TOO over the top.
---
My Superheroes consist of the band members of the Who, Led Zeppelin, and The Beatles
#12GigantLuffyPosted 6/12/2013 5:10:43 PM
plasmatic5 posted...
james_heller posted...

Wut?

You realize that Bayonetta is completely satirizing the way women are shown in games. Bayonetta 2 looked like it hasn't changed that in anyway. Hell, I have a female friend who is very feministic and she could even see how Bayonetta is supposed to be a satire in that sense. Everything is just TOO over the top.

Plus Bayonetta is a ****ing badass. Just play the first game and beat the final boss. Don't even watch a video of the final battle. Just buy the game!
---
Official Getter Robo of your heart
PSQuadruple and WiiU are loaded baby!
#13lionheart5656Posted 6/12/2013 5:37:42 PM
I fail to see how Princess Peach floating around in a dress is a strong lead role.

But I guess we all have our delusions.
---
http://tinyurl.com/3ljyptn
Shooting blanks, every time, all the time.
#14Xcalibur02Posted 6/12/2013 5:40:42 PM
dancing_cactuar posted...
MacBookAir posted...
Terotrous posted...
That was the much-publicized rape joke? I totally would never have make that connection. To me, that can just describe any unpleasant experience, unless it's a quote from a movie or something that specifically refers to rape.

It's a little more on the radical feminist side, but they do make a good point. Nintendo is (very obviously) pushing their games to be more "socially progressive".

I assume Metroid Other M was forgotten about then.

Two words: Team Ninja
---
Prime Minister of the Zelda: A Link to the Past 3DS Board
Grammar: The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****
#15siegeshotPosted 6/12/2013 5:42:52 PM
MacBookAir posted...
http://bradofarrell.tumblr.com/post/52826618740/this-year-at-e3-during-the-xbox-panel-during-a

This year at E3 during the Xbox panel during a scripted “trash talk” bit someone made a scripted rape joke (male gamer to girl gamer who sucks at a game: “just wait, it’ll all be over soon.”) and then they acted like it wasn’t a big deal

Yeah I saw that and it sickens me that the topic isn't taken more seriously. You can't even mention girl gamers on GF without getting stomped on by the apparent vocal minority who hate female gamers............ Happened to me on the BL2 board a few weeks back. Spiraled out of control in about three posts on an unrelated topic.

Ninty is doing good but I think xbox took a step back on whoever wrote that script. It made me pretty sick to watch. I don't tolerate crap like that. I don't know why someone didn't stop the event after he made that comment. It was sickening.
---
Can we get a standalone console Mercs/Raid with Frank West, Rachael (Rachel) Foley, Quint Cetcham, and Jack Krauser with RE4 Village and RE5 Public Assembly?
#16cmincPosted 6/12/2013 6:01:20 PM
plasmatic5 posted...
james_heller posted...

Wut?

First, feminism is as stupid and pointless as every other kind of ism so your friend is probably a moron or in dire need of a role model that isnt animated or on television in any capacity. Seriously, if politics must be injected into game discussion, there are better ways to go about it than to assume a political view that exists in stark contrast to the creators stated intention just because it's conveinient. (Check the dev diary's and then kiss my ass, tool!)

Second, bayonetta isnt supposed to be satirical, shes supposed to be a strong female character who embraces the power behind her sexuality. She's just written and directed by japanese men--who have no idea how to properly execute that sort of thing without tentacles and penetration.

Third, odds are good your friend isnt a moron, i'm just being TOO over the top to prove how totally inept that concept is.

Finally, no i'm not. My entire post exists as an effort to make this thread interesting because nothing interesting has, apparently, ever happened on tumblr.

My apologies if you were momentarily offended, good sir.
---
---
#17psprulz2007Posted 6/12/2013 6:08:38 PM
keep trying to convince yourself nintendo is on top.
---
Wii U : FeelinKorny