Retro Studios Reveals Why They Decided To Make Another Donkey Kong Country Game

#11wiiking96Posted 6/12/2013 8:17:24 PM
MilesTeg420 posted...
Kinthur posted...
MilesTeg420 posted...
They should reveal why Nintendo limited them to making one game when they have 10billion dollars and no debt.

Being pennywise is part of the reason they have all that cash.

Not saying this isn't true, but they made a lot of money last gen and didn't invest enough this time. Retro is the perfect studio to invest in heavily but nope.

Well, it should leave them with a decent amount of money for another title later on.
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BIS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Fawful, Bowser, and Dimentio all for their own games!
#12AceMosPosted 6/12/2013 10:26:23 PM
MilesTeg420 posted...
Kinthur posted...
MilesTeg420 posted...
They should reveal why Nintendo limited them to making one game when they have 10billion dollars and no debt.

Being pennywise is part of the reason they have all that cash.

Not saying this isn't true, but they made a lot of money last gen and didn't invest enough this time. Retro is the perfect studio to invest in heavily but nope.

nintendo uses smaller dev teams that others its part of why they have high quality as the dev team can work closer together

they could expand retro or other teams but they dont and it works for them
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#13Bancario51Posted 6/12/2013 10:27:48 PM
they should have made DKC 64 2 those f******s.
---
#XboxWon (not changing this till its truth)
If you agree to be my wangdingo, quote my level and karma~
#14CrystalKing5426Posted 6/12/2013 10:34:08 PM
Bancario51 posted...

DKCR was FAAAAR better than DK64, the single biggest collectathon in the history of gaming.
---
Other M is the One More Day of Metroid
Evil King of the Zelda Wii U Board
#15AceMosPosted 6/12/2013 10:34:41 PM
Bancario51 posted...

64 is my least favoret it took collectithon to far
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#16Xenesis XenonPosted 6/12/2013 10:35:14 PM
CrystalKing5426 posted...
Bancario51 posted...

DKCR was FAAAAR better than DK64, the single biggest collectathon in the history of gaming.

DK64 was the game that singlehandedly proved to me that 100%ing games is not worth your life.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#17plasmatic5Posted 6/12/2013 10:43:57 PM
MilesTeg420 posted...

Do you need to know the exact number of people working at Retro Studios? I don't think that information is public record, but from what I've heard, Retro Studios is actually a pretty small studio for how major it is. They can probably only handle one major game at a time.
---
My Superheroes consist of the band members of the Who, Led Zeppelin, and The Beatles
#18AkaneJonesPosted 6/12/2013 11:07:08 PM
turtlej-man posted...
shinra35800 posted...
They gave it the new sonic treatment. Adding generic cartoon characters xD

Do... do you even know what the hell you're talking about?

No. No, he doesn't I mean random giant beaver, vulture, & a bee were hardly anything other than generic and the fact you fought two them twice. Sure the Tikis weren't the best in Returns but here you appear to have things on equal Kremling footings. (Plus I don't get the comparison to saturday morning cartoons anti tiki people ran around scraming. Especially when they looked nothing like random cartoon character because none of them had any arms or legs.)
#19AllstarJasonPosted 6/13/2013 12:15:53 AM
I don't really understand why people were even disappointed Retro is making another DKC game. DKCR was outstanding and if they've got enough great ideas leftover to make a sequel then I'm all for it. Judging from the footage they've shown Tropical Freeze should be similarly great.
---
~Vancouver Canucks~