Regarding E3 Demos

#1Starwars4JPosted 6/12/2013 8:54:19 PM
The Nintendo rep who was running mine said that the response has been overwhelmingly positive, they actually had planned for far fewer people to come out. At my location alone the slots for the entire day were filled up in minutes of the event beginning, and it even ran late (the guy stayed to let everyone get a turn even if they didn't sign up).

He was saying that they're probably going to do this every year now. Of course he's just a rep, but still...hope he's right!
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#2adonfrazPosted 6/12/2013 8:59:48 PM
How long did you have to wait?

Saturday is going to be crazy, I'm calling in sick at work to go back.
---
"I wanted another ad where LeBron says "Like a good neighbor State Farm is there, with a clutch gene!" - Skip B
3DS FC: (Loyal) 0533-4535-6191
#3plasmatic5Posted 6/12/2013 9:01:19 PM
I know there were a surprisingly large amount of people at mine. I was kind of sad. As happy as I was to see all the Nintendo love and support (and streetpasses), I also really wanted to play all of the demos. Still, Zelda looked gorgeous, DKC and Mario looked amazingly fun, and Mario Kart WAS amazingly fun. I cannot wait to play these games for real. Plus, now I have a Mario Kart flag and a Luigi hat!
---
My Superheroes consist of the band members of the Who, Led Zeppelin, and The Beatles
#4Starwars4J(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2013 9:01:40 PM
adonfraz posted...

I got there about ten minutes before it started at 4. The earliest slot I could get was 6. I decided to wait until the end since I had things to do and came back at 7:30. There was still a crowd there.

They also said they're expecting the crowds to be even larger saturday since most people are free that day anyway.
---
#5GambitAcePosted 6/12/2013 9:02:52 PM
I stopped by for a few minutes, a lot more people than I was expecting. It was like a mini-convention in the video game section (with streetpasses!).
---
how do you turn this on?
#6adonfrazPosted 6/12/2013 9:05:51 PM
Starwars4J posted...
adonfraz posted...

I got there about ten minutes before it started at 4. The earliest slot I could get was 6. I decided to wait until the end since I had things to do and came back at 7:30. There was still a crowd there.

They also said they're expecting the crowds to be even larger saturday since most people are free that day anyway.

Yeah, that sucks. Hope you at least got a Luigi hat.

4:07 time slot at my Best Buy, I'm is hardcore lol.
---
"I wanted another ad where LeBron says "Like a good neighbor State Farm is there, with a clutch gene!" - Skip B
#7Starwars4J(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2013 9:08:30 PM
adonfraz posted...

I did, but I didn't realize they would run out of swag or I'd have gotten the 6PM timeslot. I want that Luigi coin! Going back on Saturday to get that (and play another demo! The only question is which...maybe Zelda? Mario Kart looked great as well. DKCR was also tempting, but maybe a bit less than the other two.

Doesn't matter, I'm getting all four anyway eventually. There's no better way to advertise Nintendo games than to get people to play them. That shows confidence in the quality of your product.

Like Miyamoto said, his idea of fighting used games is to make them so fun you want to keep playing them. It shows.
---
#8adonfrazPosted 6/12/2013 9:11:38 PM
Starwars4J posted...
adonfraz posted...

I did, but I didn't realize they would run out of swag or I'd have gotten the 6PM timeslot. I want that Luigi coin! Going back on Saturday to get that (and play another demo! The only question is which...maybe Zelda? Mario Kart looked great as well. DKCR was also tempting, but maybe a bit less than the other two.

Doesn't matter, I'm getting all four anyway eventually. There's no better way to advertise Nintendo games than to get people to play them. That shows confidence in the quality of your product.

Like Miyamoto said, his idea of fighting used games is to make them so fun you want to keep playing them. It shows.

The Luigi coins are cool. I played Wind Waker and chose to fight the boss just to give people a show lol.
---