When will they drop the Wii U in price?

#21AstralFrostPosted 6/12/2013 11:59:43 PM
PangLa posted...
Didn't they drop the price of the 3DS a few weeks after the Vita was announced? I wouldn't be surprise if they drop it around the time the PS4 and Xbox One get release.

They'll certainly need to make desperate moves like that to stay relevant and it will hurt a lot given that the Wii U is already being sold at a loss. Makes you wonder about the Nintendo R&D department when a competitor can make a console that has multiple times the power and sell it for only slightly more.
---
Man at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Iwata committed sudoku on himself
#22DBPanterAPosted 6/13/2013 12:03:20 AM
PangLa posted...
Didn't they drop the price of the 3DS a few weeks after the Vita was announced? I wouldn't be surprise if they drop it around the time the PS4 and Xbox One get release.

The 3DS was a late March 2011 release. No games, it sold poorly, then the price drop of $70 happened in August 2011 and everyone who bought one got the 20 Ambassador games.

The Wii U will have a drop in price. Considering Nintendo needs consumers to buy 1 Nintendo software title to make money, I am not sure how far it will drop. It is very possible we see the 32 GB drop $50 and potentially they pack in Mario (Dec. 12). I do not think they will pack in Donkey Kong (Nov. 11) or Windwaker (Oct. 10).

This all comes back to the disappointed of E3. If they would have pulled a 3DS part 2, we would have seen a brand new Mario in November and Mario Kart in December. They should have pumped Mario Kart out earlier, but instead Nintendo wants to put Donkey Kong up against the PS4 and Xbone.

To the TC, I don't know what to say besides find a way to get money. It's summer time, lots of opportunity to start putting money away. Neighbors need help, I started helping out neighbors when I was 8 for money. Truthfully, the Wii U is not something I would tell anyone to buy anytime soon because as Iwata said "Software sells hardware" and there is no software for some time.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/130612/index.html
---
NNID: Minny612
3DS FC: 5155-2933-9036
#23TalentedMPosted 6/13/2013 12:04:07 AM
AstralFrost posted...
PangLa posted...

They'll certainly need to make desperate moves like that to stay relevant and it will hurt a lot given that the Wii U is already being sold at a loss. Makes you wonder about the Nintendo R&D department when a competitor can make a console that has multiple times the power and sell it for only slightly more.

They are only being sold at a loss that get recoupped when someone buys 1 1st party title. That was at launch, 1 year from the launch I don't know how much of a loss it will still be but I can guarantee that there are more than 1 1st party title that will be available and very much wanted around November/December.

I think Nintendo will fill that same slot the Wii did last gen. A perfect compliment to both the livingroom and another system/PC. I personally see it sitting next to a PS4 in my livingroom and getting a better treatment than the Wii did for me.

I do love my WiiU so much, but I can see needing/wanting another system for those other titles you would want to play that they might not get due to "limitations". The limitations I speak of would be different than those you may think, mostly the limitations devs put on themselves to not get firmiliar with something because it is different.
---
Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive. - MageGuyInfinity
#24RyuVegasPosted 6/13/2013 12:18:01 AM
I don't know WHEN they are going to do it, but you can bet AS SOON AS THEY DO... I'll be right there buying my WiiU.
---
http://backloggery.com/ryuvega NP: NarutoStorm3, DKCR3D, LoZOracles
'I've seen Ryu on the MtG board so he's already cooler than most of you.' ~ XImperialDragon
#25ncb1397Posted 6/13/2013 12:20:09 AM
The Wii U basic has been recalled? Then what is this?

http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Wii-Console-8GB-Basic-U/dp/B0050SVHZO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1371107237&sr=8-2&keywords=wii+u

One day shipping so apparently they have stock.

All Nintendo needs to do is drop the price $50(to $250 and $300 with bundles) which is kind of what usually happens after 1 year on the market with new electronics.That puts $200 between it and PS4+1 year PS Plus($450) and $0 between it and Xbox 4 GB + 1 year Live. $300 dollars between it and xbox One + 1 year Live.

This whole comparing Wii U with online multiplayer and a game pack in to PS4 without online multiplayer and no game pack in has to stop.
#26oldhbk76Posted 6/13/2013 2:11:50 AM
It already has at Target, $240 was when I jumped, but I hear nintendo is pulling the basic so your SOL, Its going to remain the same price for the premium
---
gamer tag SteelWolf76: 3ds fc: 5086-0928-4789
#27cybersonic233Posted 6/13/2013 2:14:04 AM
about christmas
#28Yuri_LowelIPosted 6/13/2013 2:27:43 AM
Wouldnt buy this thing for250. Wait will 200 bundle with smash.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ooexO.gif
#29biggy204Posted 6/13/2013 2:33:45 AM
Yuri_LowelI posted...
Wouldnt buy this thing for250. Wait will 200 bundle with smash.

You'll be waiting near the end of its life cyle for that or at least a black friday sale.
---
"Do you smelllllllllllllllllllllll what The Rock Is Cookin" - the Rock
"No but who farted??" - Everyone else
#30SocranPosted 6/13/2013 2:38:45 AM
oldhbk76 posted...
It already has at Target, $240 was when I jumped, but I hear nintendo is pulling the basic so your SOL, Its going to remain the same price for the premium

For the love of god, stop spreading this rumor. It's not true at all. The basic model is not being recalled, Nintendo is just allowing retailers to return a portion of unsold units in exchange for a new stock of deluxe units, because the basics don't sell as much and take up more shelf space. It still exists, and retails for $300.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."