Wii u System Update Enhancements?

#1UC27Posted 6/12/2013 10:30:43 PM
Any update regarding changes to the WII U dashboard? Party chat? Anything?
---
You're such an inspiration for the ways that I will never ever choose to be.
#2MasterPokerPosted 6/13/2013 1:50:11 AM
I really, really, really hope Nintendo never incorporates party chat and leaves it to the other consoles. Fortunately, they likely will, since it goes against what they stand for (anonymous and accessible gameplay)

When I go online, I want to just go online and play.

Not group up with friends to screw over uncoordinated randoms.

Not to be screwed over by other groups while I'm playing solo.

And yet this happens on any game that makes partying up easy. I understand that a lot of people like to do this, but why does it have to be on every system?
---
http://www.lostlabyrinth.com - Free, addicting rogue-based game
Ranked 1st, survived the dungeon: Xuande
#3YamiYugi4400Posted 6/13/2013 1:55:20 AM
Party chat? It's Nintendo. You're lucky they even included regular chat
---
Exodia - Obliterate!!!
#4DarkAdonis123Posted 6/14/2013 9:40:37 AM
MasterPoker posted...
I really, really, really hope Nintendo never incorporates party chat and leaves it to the other consoles. Fortunately, they likely will, since it goes against what they stand for (anonymous and accessible gameplay)

And yet this happens on any game that makes partying up easy. I understand that a lot of people like to do this, but why does it have to be on every system?

Yet if its incorporated, you'll be right on board with it.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#5MasterPokerPosted 6/14/2013 12:36:43 PM
DarkAdonis123 posted...
MasterPoker posted...

Yet if its incorporated, you'll be right on board with it.

Except no, I won't. It would go a long way towards making me not play online at all. I'm a big supporter of parity when it comes to online play, and a coordinated group isn't fair when they're playing against randoms.

I do have a 360 in my household, and I do at times play Black Ops 2 online (having previously played MW3/BO1/MW2/WaW on the Wii). The multiplayer mode is so bad by comparison despite the larger community - Mercenary playlist is limited to one grab-bag mode, and even that isn't populated well. If I want to actually pick the type of match, or play in HC, I have to deal with coordinated parties 50% of the time or more. So I don't play multiplayer anymore.

Zombies is somewhat better, since its co-op by nature (good thing I don't play Grief). But I still have to deal with the 20% or so of people who think its okay to be in party chat and mute their teammates in favor of talking to someone else. Playing with someone without a mic is one thing, I understand that, but someone wearing a mic to party chat with their friends over trying to survive longer?
---
#6Golden MavenPosted 6/14/2013 12:38:04 PM
MasterPoker posted...

Always hilarious when the randoms beat the group, though.
#7MasterPokerPosted 6/14/2013 12:44:48 PM
Golden Maven posted...
MasterPoker posted...

Always hilarious when the randoms beat the group, though.

Yeah, but let's be realistic. Unless the group consists of people bad at said game (unlikely outside of the youngest gamers, because who wants to group up with someone bad?), this doesn't happen too often. I've had my share of fun challenging groups on PC games though - bounty hunting on Infantry, taking on the top clan in Rakion, setting some Survival Project records, etc...but sometimes I just want to get online and play without worrying about any of that stuff.
---
#8Golden MavenPosted 6/14/2013 5:07:12 PM
MasterPoker posted...
sometimes I just want to get online and play without worrying about any of that stuff.

I completely agree with you, I too prefer a more simplistic approach to online gaming. I was just saying that sometimes the randoms have quite a few players, which is enough to beat a coordinated group. I've seen that happen from time to time, and it's great .
#9snae99Posted 6/14/2013 5:11:16 PM
I hope party chat does come to the Wii U. I can't believe people don't want it, it's harmless. It's why I liked the xbox 360 so much, I could be playing a game while chatting with multiple friends as they play different games.
---
Currently playing: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
GOTY so far: Fire Emblem Awakening
#10KinthurPosted 6/14/2013 5:20:23 PM
I really like party chat on the 360, but you guys bring up a good point. If they make party chat they should give the developers the power to override it with in-game chat so collusion can be moderated.

Of course in single player modes it's been pretty cool to chill in party chat.