Wiiu model with pro controller instead of gamepad?

#1Figure09Posted 6/12/2013 11:53:17 PM
Seems like the gamepad isn't going to be a big deal for most games and eventually Nintendo said they would start selling gamepads seperate so would a $199 wiiu with a pro controller convince some people to get a wiiu? i I think we can all agree $350 for the deluxe is way too high with ps4s $399 cost and the basics 8gb storage is just way too small.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0946-3552-1822
#2crimsonclaw111Posted 6/12/2013 11:54:46 PM
Just wait for a Smash bundle with a gamepad and pro controller.
---
XBL GT: roboitoam
3DS FC: 2981 - 5506 - 6390
#3Xenesis XenonPosted 6/12/2013 11:55:36 PM
This would be an equivalent move to Nintendo only selling a Wii with a Gamecube Controller.

It's not going to happen because it's counter to Nintendo's age old peripheral strategy.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#4Figure09(Topic Creator)Posted 6/13/2013 12:01:33 AM
Xenesis Xenon posted...
This would be an equivalent move to Nintendo only selling a Wii with a Gamecube Controller.

It's not going to happen because it's counter to Nintendo's age old peripheral strategy.

The wii controller is proving to be far more of a selling point then the gamepad. Every game I saw at e3 used very minimal use of it other then wonderful 101 really.

Without the wii remote their was no wii but I really don't think the gamepad is integral to the wiiu experience currently
---
#5RevolutionVPosted 6/13/2013 12:07:25 AM
The problem I see is that one person will be using the gamepad, and everyone else will be using a pro controller or wii motes. Unless they start selling additional gamepads, its going to suck for everyone without a gamepad. The other problem is that additional gamepads will be expensive; do the math and it really does make sense to start shipping systems with the pro controllers. I Wii U, plus extra gamepad, may even be more expensive that more powerful PS4.
#6DBPanterAPosted 6/13/2013 12:10:17 AM
Figure09 posted...
Xenesis Xenon posted...

The wii controller is proving to be far more of a selling point then the gamepad. Every game I saw at e3 used very minimal use of it other then wonderful 101 really.

Without the wii remote their was no wii but I really don't think the gamepad is integral to the wiiu experience currently

I 100% guarantee you will need a gamepad for Zelda U when it comes out in 2015/2016. It was pretty obvious from all those Nintendo Directs that Nintendo spent a large portion of their time developing the Wii U on the Gamepad itself, not the actual hardware.

Pulling the plug on the Gamepad is akin to Microsoft announcing today that Kinect 2.0 is optional. I realize the cost of Gamepad production as well as it being a large portion of the consoles pricetag, but they are not going to get rid of it. The problem is that until someone has time to use the Gamepad in a home setting, it's hard to describe the features and the functionality. There is nothing on the Gamepad that fundamentally changes things, but the summation of the features makes it a very useful piece of tech.
---
NNID: Minny612
3DS FC: 5155-2933-9036
#7kdognumba1Posted 6/13/2013 12:23:32 AM
Figure09 posted...
Seems like the gamepad isn't going to be a big deal for most games and eventually Nintendo said they would start selling gamepads seperate so would a $199 wiiu with a pro controller convince some people to get a wiiu? i I think we can all agree $350 for the deluxe is way too high with ps4s $399 cost and the basics 8gb storage is just way too small.

I actually think its a bad idea. Despite the gamepad not being required in every game, there are some games where it is and some where it greatly enhances the games. Also, I don't think its a good idea to sell the system without it because of how it would segregate the console owners and lower the number the number of users who own it which ultimately leads to less support from devs. Kind of like PS4 with the lack of their new and improved cam and move bundled with the system. Just like how the eye and move wasn't very well supported on PS3, they will share the same fate on PS4 because only a small percentage of users will have them.
---
backloggery: http://backloggery.com/kdog254 twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kdognumba1
3DS: 1676-3698-5986 PSN: jotaroxtreme NID/XBL: kdog254 Steam: kdognumba1
#8Starwars4JPosted 6/13/2013 1:11:35 AM
DBPanterA posted...
I 100% guarantee you will need a gamepad for Zelda U when it comes out

Pretty sure they said all future Zelda games would control a la Skyward Sword
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#9fuzi11Posted 6/13/2013 1:37:18 AM
Figure09 posted...
Xenesis Xenon posted...

I'm sorry? have you ever used a Wii U? Selling A Wii U without the gamepad is like selling A Gamecube with just the microphone. Try doing anything on it. You can't even see the Menu or enter the eshop without the gamepad
#10Figure09(Topic Creator)Posted 6/13/2013 1:49:37 AM
fuzi11 posted...
Figure09 posted...
Xenesis Xenon posted...

I'm sorry? have you ever used a Wii U? Selling A Wii U without the gamepad is like selling A Gamecube with just the microphone. Try doing anything on it. You can't even see the Menu or enter the eshop without the gamepad

I don't own a wiiu so I wasn't aware of those little details. Don't get me wrong I like the gamepad but it doesn't seem like Nintendo can make a huge price drop (which I think it needs) while selling the gamepad. For a lot of the games coming out it won't be necessary and while I agree it's better to have the gamepad then not I think some people would be fine not having one. I won't be using it to play smash/kart/DKCTF etc
---