Seriously (about metroid and the new DKC)

#1FrankulaPosted 6/12/2013 11:10:57 PM
While you may be disappointed that Retro wasn't making something else, please don't think negatively about Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze just because you wished it was something else. It honestly looks amazing, and I feel it will be the best DKC game since DKC2.

I honestly think the metroid series just needs a bit of a breather. I can see them releasing a new metroid developed by someone other than retro in LATE 2014, or sometime in 2015, but honestly I'm really really glad Retro is making DKCTF instead of a new metroid. DKCTF is looking really awesome. I hope you all will give the new DKC game a shot and not just hate it for what it's not.
---
Now i know why they call it salt, it's so di YUM
#2Banjo2553Posted 6/12/2013 11:12:05 PM
Oh no, I'm not thinking negatively about the new DKC game. It looks great actually and can't wait to play it, I was just expecting Retro to be working on something different.
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
#3Frankula(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2013 11:13:10 PM
Banjo2553 posted...
Oh no, I'm not thinking negatively about the new DKC game. It looks great actually and can't wait to play it, I was just expecting Retro to be working on something different.

I think we all were, but I can't help but be happy when a new donkey kong country game is being made. Its one of my favorite series!! I hate to see people upset because they had hopes in different games.
---
#4Figure09Posted 6/12/2013 11:18:16 PM
There's just no reason to waste a developer like retro on making another DKC game. They could have given this project to someone else since retro already laid out the groundwork on how to make a DKC game.

If DKCTF was coming from next level lets say and Retro was working on something different I really don't think there would be any negative reaction towards it.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0946-3552-1822
#5DiscostewSMPosted 6/12/2013 11:20:47 PM
I think Retro has been working on other projects alongside this. Their recent hiring blitz and splitting their division wasn't just to work on only one game.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#6macapalaPosted 6/12/2013 11:21:32 PM
I was really disappointed there was no Metroid announcement, but I am completely over the moon about DKC:TF. DKCR, in my opinion, is the greatest side scrolling platformer ever created.
---
"If god doesn't exist in our world, then... I will create god with my own hands!" - Krelian
#7Frankula(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2013 11:23:40 PM(edited)
Figure09 posted...
There's just no reason to waste a developer like retro on making another DKC game. They could have given this project to someone else since retro already laid out the groundwork on how to make a DKC game.

If DKCTF was coming from next level lets say and Retro was working on something different I really don't think there would be any negative reaction towards it.

There's a difference between "laid out" and already having the core engine. Even though the two developers are affiliated with Nintendo its not such a simple matter of "hey bro, send us your code!". It makes MUCH more sense for Retro to make the next DKC game than next level (or any other 2nd party Ninty-dev). While the idea has merit, the development industry just doesn't work like that.
---
#8AlexPumaPosted 6/12/2013 11:23:22 PM
I would have been just as disappointed with another Metroid game from them. I'd be excited, yes. But I would have rather seen a new IP from them, instead of them being "the guys who revive our dead franchises".
---
http://www.gaming-unleashed.com/
"Oh I can handle any load that comes my way....." - Savott
#9chuck_1001Posted 6/12/2013 11:25:23 PM
I think Retro didn't spend all their time on DKC, they must have a project on the back burner. So its possible in another year or so we'll have another title announcement. :)
#10Frankula(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2013 11:25:25 PM
AlexPuma posted...
I would have been just as disappointed with another Metroid game from them. I'd be excited, yes. But I would have rather seen a new IP from them, instead of them being "the guys who revive our dead franchises".

Fair enough. I think this stand point can be more condoled with than wishing they hand revamped an old series or made another metroid. However, I still stand by my thought that you should not have negative feelings toward the new DKC just because it wasn't what you wanted.
---