Why not release the Best Buy demos on eshop?

#1fhsfootball74Posted 6/13/2013 7:30:03 AM
Aside from Super Luigi U and Game & Wario this month, and Pikimin 3 in August, the summer release schedule is empty. Why not give existing Wii U owners some hope for the future to?
---
Blue Jackets, Columbus Crew, Reds, Bengals, Buckeyes
PSN-Fhsfootball74 NNID- returnoftheryan
#2jbhensPosted 6/13/2013 7:31:30 AM
Because it makes sense. The opposite of what Nintendo usually does.
#3Rasputin77Posted 6/13/2013 7:32:22 AM
Don't ask. Otherwise, it's trolling:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/66444663
---
The irony of GameFAQs: http://postimg.org/image/a2yrtprql/
#4Enigma149Posted 6/13/2013 7:32:47 AM
If I had to guess, the demos are just modified versions of the actual game limiting you to specific portions of the game. Putting them on the eShop would allow people to leak information about the games.
---
3DS: 4897-5935-1924; NNID: CrimsonEnigma; Steam: CrimsonEnigma
''If you think a system will make you look mature, you ain't mature'' -squatch22
#5KaiRyusakiPosted 6/13/2013 7:33:14 AM
I think this is mostly to help out Best Buy

They've been struggling lately
#6fhsfootball74(Topic Creator)Posted 6/13/2013 7:34:05 AM
KaiRyusaki posted...

While true, I highly doubt that is the reason lol.
---
#7Enigma149Posted 6/13/2013 7:37:53 AM(edited)
Rasputin77 posted...
Don't ask. Otherwise, it's trolling:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/66444663

Rasputin, you're a relatively smart individual. Surely, you can look at usernames and signatures before you comment? Because the person you wasted your time responding to was ninsony12, who switches whether he's the stereotypical Nintendo and stereotypical Sony fanboy every week, and has admitted numerous times that he's a parody account.

Nobody else accused him of trolling (with the exception of Icarus, who clarified why, in his opinion, the TC was trolling), although many people (myself included) did bring up that saying Nintendo is "archaic" and "decades behind" when they're offering something no other company offers doesn't make much sense, and that the TC is rather well-known for making mountains out of molehills in the past.
---
3DS: 4897-5935-1924; NNID: CrimsonEnigma; Steam: CrimsonEnigma
''If you think a system will make you look mature, you ain't mature'' -squatch22
#8ArchsazePosted 6/13/2013 7:36:33 AM
fhsfootball74 posted...
KaiRyusaki posted...

While true, I highly doubt that is the reason lol.

It's a partnership. They both benefit. The crowds at bestbuy will inevitably buy Nintendo products and raise awareness. The exclusivity forces gamers to go to bestbuy with their 3DS and whatnots where they may also purchase a game as well as advertise their handhelds.
#9fhsfootball74(Topic Creator)Posted 6/13/2013 7:41:18 AM
It just seems like an easy solution, why not reward those who bought your console early? Espeically when software release are sparse until the fall.
---
#10cavebear56Posted 6/13/2013 7:45:15 AM
This is what I hope they get around to doing eventually. Not disappointed with it as what have any of the other companies done? Nothing, exactly.

Does it require room for improvement? Undeniably yes.

Is it a step in a better direction? Only the ignorant would say no.

I would like to see it as an industry standard within the next 4 years that all of the companies start releasing these demos on their respective systems.

1.) Owners are mostly positive towards the product.
2.) Could help with marketing.
3.) Allows for possible feedback or finding issues not noticeable before.

The downside, as this board has shown, is that when they do this people will cry that it isn't good enough. My internet connection is terrible and a slew of other extremely selfish,unreasonable, impatient and self entitled whining.

tl;dr

It's a step in the right direction. Hopefully your desire, which I also would like to happen, becomes an industry standard over the next few years.
---
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.