Why do some people consider the WiiU not next-gen.

#1KingTurtPosted 6/13/2013 12:06:14 PM
The WiiU already has and does most of the things the PS4/Xbone already do.

Off-TV play even before the PS4 had it.
All 3 consoles have some type of touch screen integrated.
Taking Screenshots in-game.
Recording gameplay footage in-game (It just got announced for Miiverse with Mario Kart WiiU being the first game to support it)
All 3 systems support some kind of video chat with WiiU having WiiU chat, Xbone having Skype,etc.
All 3 consoles can do 60FPS easily. (Most of WiiU's E3 games are all 60FPS while still looking good).

It's just simply not as powerful as the PS4 or Xbone. So I ask why do most people not consider it next-gen when it does so many things the other consoles do as well.
It also has a different architecture from the PS4 and Xbone, though.
#2SegavsCapcomPosted 6/13/2013 12:09:12 PM
Because many believe its only as powerful as the PS3. And generations are about power, apparently.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
#3KingTurt(Topic Creator)Posted 6/13/2013 12:10:32 PM
SegavsCapcom posted...
Because many believe its only as powerful as the PS3. And generations are about power, apparently.

Yeah, but that's obviously not true.
#4Blaze_T_dragonPosted 6/13/2013 12:12:15 PM
don't doubt the power of idiocy.
---
Will not change sig until a Portable Smash Bros. comes out ~ Apr. 27, 2009
#5The_BoredomsPosted 6/13/2013 12:16:44 PM
Either petition Oxford to update their definition so it's more specifically in your favor or leave it alone. Making this topic for the billionth time may very well be the straw the breaks the camel's back, but I really doubt it.
#6KingTurt(Topic Creator)Posted 6/13/2013 12:18:32 PM
The_Boredoms posted...
Either petition Oxford to update their definition so it's more specifically in your favor or leave it alone. Making this topic for the billionth time may very well be the straw the breaks the camel's back, but I really doubt it.

What? I know generation is determined by the time in which a system is released, I was just making this topic for the people that do think generation is based on power. Either way WiiU does most of the things the other consoles do, so I was wondering why they still consider it not-next gen.
#7The_BoredomsPosted 6/13/2013 12:21:38 PM
What you're doing is raising the dead, and most likely you'll soon be fending them off and wondering how it all happened.
#8KingTurt(Topic Creator)Posted 6/13/2013 12:23:10 PM
The_Boredoms posted...
What you're doing is raising the dead, and most likely you'll soon be fending them off and wondering how it all happened.

Okay. Yeah.
#9imameliaPosted 6/13/2013 1:00:51 PM
Because they're trolling, being deliberately ignorant, or both.
#10scoobydoobydontPosted 6/13/2013 1:01:39 PM
imamelia posted...
Because they're trolling, being deliberately ignorant, or both.

This sums it up nicely.
---
The writing was on the wall with Bioware the minute you could completely void all of your decisions with one choice in KOTOR.