Was Monolith's X E3 running in real time?? Because if yes, then WOW!!

#1SublimeFan1990Posted 6/13/2013 3:26:05 PM
HOLY crap!!! X is THE most visually impressive game I saw at E3, and I watched all the press conferences, EA included. Wii U not next gen?? If Monolith's Xeno sequel was running in real time, then I say PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFfffffFFFfFfffFF
#2Pyro76Posted 6/13/2013 3:28:24 PM
Why wouldn't it be? You see the map at the top right corner at various parts in the video.
---
Sin & Punishment - Star Successor Record Holder (Stage 7)
Currently playing: Fire Emblem: Awakening, Xenoblade Chronicles
#3True_FanPosted 6/13/2013 3:30:11 PM
The two scenes at the end might be prerendred game assets based on how good it looks and lack of flickering caused by anti aliasing. There is pop in during the zooming out scene but it was still displaying too much stuff to be real time. based on my eyeballs and i hope someone proves me wrong.
---
Pokwang
#4BeanBeanKingdomPosted 6/13/2013 3:34:52 PM
TC, do you happen to own a Wii U? If so, watch the trailer on the eShop. 1080p, little to no compression, almost exactly how the game will look while it's being played. A technical marvel.
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#5Undead_YakuzaPosted 6/13/2013 3:51:37 PM
Except the part where the player walks through the city, that part looks a bit flat and dead. But yeah, the game looks damn awesome and pretty.
#6SteeI_ShadowsPosted 6/13/2013 4:28:21 PM
I think it's a case where decent or good visual tech is backed by a great art style. It looks amazing, though there are a few subtle hints (and some not so subtle) of clear imperfections. Still, that draw distance was something else.
---
An eye for an eye leaves the world blind. B****in', eye patches for everyone!
#7blazeUP12Posted 6/13/2013 4:30:04 PM
SublimeFan1990 posted...
HOLY crap!!! X is THE most visually impressive game I saw at E3, and I watched all the press conferences, EA included. Wii U not next gen?? If Monolith's Xeno sequel was running in real time, then I say PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFfffffFFFfFfffFF

What about Sorcery from the Sony presentation, or Ryse, or MGS5?
---
hello earthlings, i am from another planet
http://www.youtube.com/XXtheJUMPoffXX
#8Stefan1277Posted 6/13/2013 4:32:02 PM
Yeah. Unlike most trailers from MS and Sony at E3, Nintendo went full game trailer and showed gameplay above cinematics. What you see there in it's majority is gameplay.
---
I'm a ninja. (You can't see me)
http://colorslive.com/author.php?page=1&id=38434
#9HayashiTakaraPosted 6/13/2013 4:40:05 PM
Watch this trailer for combat gameplay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GxUMMGyZcM
#10SublimeFan1990(Topic Creator)Posted 6/13/2013 4:44:31 PM
Stefan1277 posted...
Yeah. Unlike most trailers from MS and Sony at E3, Nintendo went full game trailer and showed gameplay above cinematics. What you see there in it's majority is gameplay.

Yes I did see all those games, but none of those games had the sense of scale and wonder that Monolith's Xeno-sequel had. The art direction was SUPERB, and truly original. I was literally floored by how good that game looked, and it put a smile on my face and gave me goosebumps at the same time. No other game at E3 did that for me.