Hating aside, isn't this a good time to be a gamer?

#11Baha05Posted 6/13/2013 5:07:36 PM
Razed812 posted...
Here's a mindblowing fact, there are other consoles that also have other good games.

Yup, though to be fair it depending on the other consoles might be an issue too I mean Gen 7 fior me was 360, Wii, PS3. The PS3 was pretty much useless for me that gen, only had a few games, Wii came in second and my 360 is my main console.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#12Halladay32Posted 6/13/2013 5:32:56 PM
Maybe.

I hate this obsession with graphics, especially as they relate to hyper-realism, that seems to be pervading the industry. I think many of these "next-gen" games look terrible and worse than most of the games from more than ten years ago that focused more on art design and style, imagination to overcome limitations that resulted in memorable and unique experiences. Take the Xbox One reveal, when they were talking about Call of Duty: Ghosts and were mentioning how they can now depict realistic arm hair and dirt under the nails -- why in the holy hell would anyone ever care about something like that?!?! Why was this a consideration?! Why is this supposed to be something to make us excited about the game?!
Ugh, anyway, I also hate how everything needs to be integrated and/or multiplayer (granted, in most games currently, you can ignore such things). And then there are all of those awful, anti-consumer practices introduced by the Xbox One, that you just pray don't become commonplace.

All that being said, I still can find many games that I thoroughly enjoy, and a decent amount of my favourite games ever were from the past few years.
---
"If you make fiction just as valuable as reality, then any reality you don't need can be a delusion."
#13ElectricMolePosted 6/13/2013 5:42:03 PM
Shadowbird_RH posted...
So long as you haven't been an Xbox fan for the last generation or two, yeah.

It's like Microsoft is trying really hard to make people hate them this new gen or something.
---
NinNetID: ElectricMole, 3DS: 2406-6466-8802
http://psnprofiles.com/kronekodow7188
#14PhantomSoDPosted 6/13/2013 6:25:14 PM
Razed812 posted...
PhantomSoD posted...
Nope, still bitter about no KH3 on my WiiU plus having to still wait a year for Bayonetta :p

Here's a mindblowing fact, there are other consoles that also have other good games.

Oh really?! Well here's one for you too! I just bought that system four months ago expecting to be able to play stuff on that system. Then all this E3 did was confirm that the game drought for the shiny new piece of equipment I just bought is no where near over, and that if Nintendo can't even get a franchise that sold amazingly well on its handhelds to support WiiU. Clearly they are doing it wrong.

These things are like $300+ why wouldn't I be pissed if the games they promised a year ago still aren't coming anytime soon and I can't get my other favorite franchises on there either?
#15EndgamePosted 6/13/2013 7:30:42 PM
Hating aside, isn't this a good time to be a gamer?

no
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#16silenthill4vidPosted 6/13/2013 7:39:28 PM
imo not really b0i, games dont captivate me anymore.
---
splinter cell: blacklist......the latest game series turned generic shooter.
#17MGSFAN612Posted 6/13/2013 7:50:44 PM
Except the horror that is the Xbox One I'd agee,
---
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."-Edmund Burke
PSN/XBL: MGSFAN612 NNID: MGSFAN316
#18Lelouch71Posted 6/13/2013 8:22:20 PM
If you are a MS fan that aren't blind with their loyalty it's not a good time to be a gamer.
---
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"
#19Board_hunter567Posted 6/13/2013 9:03:21 PM(edited)
I was somewhat bitter pre-E3, as I always seem to be, but I have to agree.
The important thing is that it's not specifically getting that much worse unless you own a Vita, want free online for the PS4, or plan on getting a One. Sure, developers are still pushing the same "look at these polygons, so pretty" schlock but at least they're taking a few steps forwards.
#20TalentedMPosted 6/13/2013 9:05:47 PM
Lelouch71 posted...
If you are a MS fan that aren't blind with their loyalty it's not a good time to be a gamer.

---
Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive. - MageGuyInfinity