Open World POKEMON!!!

#1youngbroPosted 6/13/2013 7:12:08 PM
come on Nintendo, Console Pokemon games exist too
---
Itagaki: In other games, you kill Enemies. In Ninja Gaiden the Enemies kill you.
PS3/360/WiiU gamertag - TheSchwarr
#2king_maddenPosted 6/13/2013 7:15:11 PM
would probably cost too much, and nintendo isnt about spending money.

they are for the gamer as long as it doesnt cost a lot.
#3jragon23Posted 6/13/2013 7:22:46 PM
No thanks I want to stick with my 4 moves per pokemon, 4 directional movement, same story, same rival, same caves same everything. And I don't think wii u would be capable of handling open world
#4wombatkiddPosted 6/13/2013 7:23:53 PM
Nintendo doesn't make Pokemon. And GameFreak has no interest in developing full Pokemon games for consoles.
---
---
"Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master."
#5youngbro(Topic Creator)Posted 6/13/2013 7:28:18 PM
jragon23 posted...
No thanks I want to stick with my 4 moves per pokemon, 4 directional movement, same story, same rival, same caves same everything. And I don't think wii u would be capable of handling open world

LOL thats like saying X doesnt exist.

and you can still have those things.

Now what you were probably thinking was a pokemon fighting game where "dodge it" is doable
---
Itagaki: In other games, you kill Enemies. In Ninja Gaiden the Enemies kill you.
PS3/360/WiiU gamertag - TheSchwarr
#6demesjos2Posted 6/13/2013 8:12:46 PM
GameFreak is afraid to go out of their comfort zone. The handheld games are pretty addictive but a consul open world game would blow the crap out of the competition.
---
--- best commercial ever http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWSIFh8ICaA
#7zman558Posted 6/13/2013 8:18:33 PM
banjo, pokemon, and mario rpg.

IS IT SO MUCH TO ASK NINTENDO?????
#8THMBZDownGNZUpPosted 6/13/2013 8:22:01 PM
Nintendo should task Game Freak to develop an open-world Pokemon RPG, bearing likeness to Skyrim, with implementations of Pokemon Pinball, Pokemon Snap, and Pokemon Stadium. Base the story, characters, setting, Pokemon, etc. off of R/B/Y and G/S/C.
#9jtr219Posted 6/13/2013 8:31:20 PM(edited)
This would solve the Wii U's sales problems overnight.

I was thinking about some great features it could have. Rather than having random encounters, you could find pokemon in the actual overworld and have to use tools and techniques in the environment to lure them out. Some would come out naturally while others would be tricky. After that you could fight them or do things like converse with them/ play minigames to win them over. It could add a great dimension to the game and really immerse the pokemon in the game world while also adding a greater sense of adventure to an already great game.

Man, I really wish they would make a real console pokemon game. It could be amazing!
---
NNID: jtr219
#10jtr219Posted 6/13/2013 8:29:22 PM
They could also incorporate something like pokemon snap within the game itself using the gamepad as the camera. Then you could share your photos over miiverse. Seriously, this game needs to happen.
---
NNID: jtr219