This time next year Nintendo will be dominant again

#51HungoverHero777Posted 6/14/2013 10:48:30 AM
jbhens posted...
Gonna be a lot of Nintendo fanboy tears this time next year if your expecting the Wii U to be "dominate." As of right now, it's headed into Gamecube sales numbers with less 3rd party support.

Ah yes, here we go with the insults (or did that start in his first post?). Stay classy, sir.
---
The best gaming group on YouTube!:
http://www.youtube.com/user/LetsPlay/videos?flow=grid&view=1
#52mini_blightPosted 6/14/2013 11:42:24 AM
SSJ4CHRIS posted...
And those games surely helped the Gamecube become the dominant loser of it's generation, right? Wii was so successful because of the waggle controls, not the selection of games. Wii U is proving that people are over casual that propelled the Wii to great heights. Plus, Wii is dead, so it may not be the best selling console of last gen by the time last gen is officially over.

No, they helped sell most of that 20-30 million. That's not nothing. You and the other Sony dronies can stop peddling this nonsense now.

Wii U has yet to prove what it will do. Nintendo hasn't even really gone all out yet. Writing it off now is just desperate.

Nintendo isn't interested in beating Sony's worthless PS2 sales record. If they were, they would have continued to support the Wii and delayed the Wii U for a couple more years.

jtr219 posted...
They did, and it looks amazing, but it won't be coming out until 2014 and I feel like they really needed that type of game to come out for this holiday.

FFXV and KH3 won't be coming out for another decade, so any crying over "2014" is laughable.
#53EighthAwakeningPosted 6/14/2013 11:54:42 AM
In terms of sales. Yeah. And It's not even close.

Mario Kart and Smash Bros are huge system sellers. Heck, Smash Bros was the most popular game at E3 according to Rich from IGN and others. And MarioKart is even bigger then that.

Though, we'll have to see if that holds up in the long term. Could do, could not.

Nintendo has the first party titles to sell millions upon millions of units, what they need to do is go to third parties and rebuild these relationships. Heck, give them money to get the third party titles on the system if they have to. Otherwise, the title droughts are going to be bad.
#54jbhensPosted 6/14/2013 11:57:43 AM
EighthAwakening posted...

Mario Kart and Smash Bros are huge system sellers. Heck, Smash Bros was the most popular game at E3 according to Rich from IGN and others. And MarioKart is even bigger then that.

Though, we'll have to see if that holds up in the long term. Could do, could not.

Nintendo has the first party titles to sell millions upon millions of units, what they need to do is go to third parties and rebuild these relationships. Heck, give them money to get the third party titles on the system if they have to. Otherwise, the title droughts are going to be bad.

You realize the whole Gamecube generation was like that. Wait till Mario. Wait till Metroid. Wait till Zelda. Wait till Mario Kart. Wait till....and so on. Smash was available right around launch. It's quite obvious that Nintendo has a core home console fanbase that is anywhere from 15-30 million. It will sell to those people. Don't expect it to reach Wii, PS3, or Xbox 360 sells. It may do better then the XboxOne simply because Microsoft is trying to kill themselves for some reason.
#55Rasputin77Posted 6/14/2013 12:02:21 PM
This time next year, the PS4 and XBOX One will be cowering under the shadow of these three series, which are far from growing stale.

... Oh. Honey. =(
---
The irony of GameFAQs: http://postimg.org/image/a2yrtprql/
#56EighthAwakeningPosted 6/14/2013 12:27:03 PM
jbhens posted...

You realize the whole Gamecube generation was like that. Wait till Mario. Wait till Metroid. Wait till Zelda. Wait till Mario Kart. Wait till....and so on. Smash was available right around launch. It's quite obvious that Nintendo has a core home console fanbase that is anywhere from 15-30 million. It will sell to those people. Don't expect it to reach Wii, PS3, or Xbox 360 sells. It may do better then the XboxOne simply because Microsoft
is trying to kill themselves for some reason.

I never actually said that the Wii U would reach Wii, PS3, and 360 levels. I just said that this time next year Nintendo will be dominating in sales. Though, now that you mention it, I don't think it's that far off. I think they'll reach 50million life time sales.

And besides, that comparison is flawed

The Gamecube was up against the fricken PS2. The WiiU is not. The PS4 will probably sell really well in the long haul. But anyone thinking it will reach anywhere near PS2 or DS levels are out of there mind.

Nintendo will be fine. They'll sell enough hardware and software to make a profit. Infact, I think people are underestimating them.

Nintendo's brand and Franchise drawing power are WAY bigger then it was back in the Gamecube era. Not to mention if they get Wii Sports U and Wii Fit U out, they're going to get a lot of sales.
#57jbhensPosted 6/14/2013 12:30:47 PM
jbhens posted...

You realize the whole Gamecube generation was like that. Wait till Mario. Wait till Metroid. Wait till Zelda. Wait till Mario Kart. Wait till....and so on. Smash was available right around launch. It's quite obvious that Nintendo has a core home console fanbase that is anywhere from 15-30 million. It will sell to those people. Don't expect it to reach Wii, PS3, or Xbox 360 sells. It may do better then the XboxOne simply because Microsoft
is trying to kill themselves for some reason.

I never actually said that the Wii U would reach Wii, PS3, and 360 levels. I just said that this time next year Nintendo will be dominating in sales. Though, now that you mention it, I don't think it's that far off. I think they'll reach 50million life time sales.

And besides, that comparison is flawed

The Gamecube was up against the fricken PS2. The WiiU is not. The PS4 will probably sell really well in the long haul. But anyone thinking it will reach anywhere near PS2 or DS levels are out of there mind.

Nintendo will be fine. They'll sell enough hardware and software to make a profit. Infact, I think people are underestimating them.

Nintendo's brand and Franchise drawing power are WAY bigger then it was back in the Gamecube era. Not to mention if they get Wii Sports U and Wii Fit U out, they're going to get a lot of sales.

Your wrong on so many levels.
#58Lelouch71Posted 6/14/2013 3:52:43 PM
Maybe the X1 but the PS4 genuinely look like it could be dominant this time around. Sony learned from their mistake with the PS3 and is going back to their PS1/PS2 style.
---
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"