People are actually missing the point in gaming E3 topic

#1Darkstorm16Posted 6/14/2013 10:46:33 AM
People are about power this and nintendoom that, xboxone stinks long live Sony blah blah, but honestly gaming is about YOUR form of entertainment, I've been a video game fan since the nes era I don't favor any system over another. The whole E3 made me excited again I'm really revved up on
Bayonetta 2
Assassins Creed IV
Super Mario 3D World
Mario Kart 8
The Wonderful 101
Super Smash Bros

I had the GameCube and I had no more than 8 games and I loved it, Enough games to last me a while, especially with time. Personally I'd love them all but time and money is not a friend of mine and why buy more systems that won't get a lot of attention.

What games are you excited about?
---
Own a Vita, you're a troll, own a 3ds, you're a fanboy, own an IOS device, you have no opinion...tis the curse on these boards.
#2TerotrousPosted 6/14/2013 10:49:09 AM(edited)
Yes, as I've mentioned a ton of times, most people only buy like 5-10 games per system, that's why the attach rate per system is always between 8 and 12. You have a handful of people who buy like 30+ games, but most people only buy a few.

Also, if you buy a ton of games, you probably know how to sift through obscure titles to find the good ones, so I've always wondered just who the people who complain that the Wii has "no games" really are.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "NES Hi no Tori"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#3ArchsazePosted 6/14/2013 10:50:14 AM
I agree. Every console has games that define their generations. Nintendo's will be here soon.

I'm excited for smash, mk8, watch dogs, ac 4, batman, ww HD, and possibly Mario 3d world. I haven't played many of the super Mario games yet.
#4Steel_ShadowsPosted 6/14/2013 10:57:46 AM
Wii U's third party exclusives coming up seem much better than pretty much any third party Wii games. Admittedly, though, their first party so far seems weaker overall.
---
Games are like women, they don't have to be smokin' hawt to make me happy.-Mr_X_Returns
Member of the IRDC, where everything's a dirty joke.
#5Darkstorm16(Topic Creator)Posted 6/14/2013 11:08:00 AM
Terotrous posted...
Yes, as I've mentioned a ton of times, most people only buy like 5-10 games per system, that's why the attach rate per system is always between 8 and 12. You have a handful of people who buy like 30+ games, but most people only buy a few.

Also, if you buy a ton of games, you probably know how to sift through obscure titles to find the good ones, so I've always wondered just who the people who complain that the Wii has "no games" really are.

Attach rate?
---
Own a Vita, you're a troll, own a 3ds, you're a fanboy, own an IOS device, you have no opinion...tis the curse on these boards.
#6TerotrousPosted 6/14/2013 11:10:58 AM
Attach Rate = total software sales / total hardware sales.

In other words, what is the average number of games that each person buys for their system?
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "NES Hi no Tori"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#7Starwars4JPosted 6/14/2013 11:12:26 AM
Steel_Shadows posted...
Wii U's third party exclusives coming up seem much better than pretty much any third party Wii games. Admittedly, though, their first party so far seems weaker overall.

Sonic Lost World HYPE
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#8Darkstorm16(Topic Creator)Posted 6/14/2013 11:13:43 AM
True but at times I seen people's collection exceed 50 and I think to myself when are those games going to get played? I'm one of those that don't buy a game and play once and put on a shelf...I buy to replay over and over.
---
#9The_BoredomsPosted 6/14/2013 11:16:46 AM
Darkstorm16 posted...
True but at times I seen people's collection exceed 50 and I think to myself when are those games going to get played? I'm one of those that don't buy a game and play once and put on a shelf...I buy to replay over and over.

You answered your own question. They get played when you'd be busy replaying one of the ones on the shelf.
#10Steel_ShadowsPosted 6/14/2013 11:20:09 AM
I actually have a huge backlog of games right now. Like, close to 1/3 of the games I own are unbeaten. Mostly 360 and Wii games, but some are Gamecube games that I didn't pick up years back but decided to go ahead and get.
---
Games are like women, they don't have to be smokin' hawt to make me happy.-Mr_X_Returns
Member of the IRDC, where everything's a dirty joke.