Kill a game genre

#21NejiHyuga900Posted 6/15/2013 5:38:23 AM
Either Sports or Racing genre, but I do love extreme sport games such as the Tony Hawk franchise and racing games such as and similar to Mario Kart.
---
Xbox/Windows LIVE Gamertag & Nintendo Network ID: TDPNeji | Steam ID: NejiHyuga900
I am a thunder dragon. Hear me roar thunder and breath out lightning!
#22AtalalamaPosted 6/15/2013 5:54:16 AM
Wow. I thought I'd be trolling by selecting (legitimately) FPS. Imagine my surprise.

Either a lot of people dislike FPS games...or there's a LOT of trolls.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJN-SWGei7w <- Eyegasm: Xrd
Official KH3 Aerith, apparently? How...?
#23ZERO2936Posted 6/15/2013 5:58:03 AM
Why would anyone vote FPS over Sports?
#24The_HyphenatorPosted 6/15/2013 6:14:08 AM
FPS, if only because they've become a shadow of what they once were. With a handful of exceptions, like the Bioshock games and Dishonored (if you want to call that game a FPS), the genre has devolved from challenging games with sprawling, maze-like levels and secrets everywhere to a bunch of linear corridor shooters that boil down to moving from one scripted event to the next. Seriously, compare Doom or Doom 2 to any of the modern Call of Duty titles and you'll see how drastic the differences are.
#25brolynickPosted 6/15/2013 6:16:58 AM
Picking FPS just because they're the most popular? There's plenty of people who buy a new console just to play COD. Take away the FPS genre and there will be less consoles sold, so less reason for developers to make new games.

This industry needs games like COD to survive. If you don't like it, don't play it.
---
Chris Jericho is better than God.
#26CaioNVPosted 6/15/2013 6:17:54 AM
brolynick posted...
Picking FPS just because they're the most popular? There's plenty of people who buy a new console just to play COD. Take away the FPS genre and there will be less consoles sold, so less reason for developers to make new games.

This industry needs games like COD to survive. If you don't like it, don't play it.

Like it or not, this is true.
---
Let's Blocking: http://i.imgur.com/NONavuG.png
#27UFOLochePosted 6/15/2013 6:24:38 AM
Yep, let's kill FPS games cause there's too many of them. It's not like there are GOOD FPS games or anything. And it's definitely not like there have been a massive influx of games of a certain genre before! (Platformers, RPG, Fighting)

Whoops, did I say that out loud?! Geez, now everyone will know that I think anyone who thinks that FPS games are all the same are blind!

Y'know, I reflexively clicked Sports but, thinking about it, I wish I could take my vote back. Honestly, I would kill none of them because companies make great games of each genre, even racing and sports. Only one I could feasibly see myself getting rid of would be the "Pay to play MMO" genre, and that's so niche I hesitate to call it a genre.
---
PSN:Marioandli Skype:Viewtifulninja1
Legends never die!
#28Sheriden24Posted 6/15/2013 6:41:13 AM
I'm really surprised by the FPS vote. but i can guarantee that vote comes mostly from people who suck at them when they fight other people;-) Hell I know I made some of my friends hate me when I can jump and snipe at the same time, and I sure as hell hate little kids killing me in call of duty.
I voted for sports to go away (i mean the only thing even close to a sports game that i like is stuff like the jet ski games or snowboarding games), but it was a tough call between that and music games. I am also surprised that so few people chose for puzzle games to go away. guess there's a lot of tetris nostalgia.
#29middays_deepPosted 6/15/2013 6:45:44 AM
Simulation.

Mostly simulation racing like Forza and Gran Turismo. I recognize them as quality games, but personally, they're boring.
---
You want gold? Fine, you scoundrel. Let me just... oops!
#30EricxcPosted 6/15/2013 6:53:21 AM
FPS

They ARE generally all the same (obviously there is an exception here and there) but for the most part, those games give you the least bang for the buck.

AKA, you have to buy a new game every month because the last FPS got boring.
---
:3