It seems like the only series nintendo cares about are mario, zelda, pokemon.

#11AhnoldDoodPosted 6/15/2013 4:25:42 AM
DeathSoul2000 posted...
AhnoldDood posted...
DeathSoul2000 posted...
AhnoldDood posted...
Yeah, lets just keep ignoring the recent Fire Emblem, Kid Icarus, Donkey Kong, X...

fire emblem is niche, kid icarus only got 2 games in the past 20 years, and donkey kong is mario.

It doesn't matter if its niche, Kid Icarus still got a new game out of many many others, and saying DK is Mario is like saying Superman is Batman. Sharing the same universe does not mean they are the same in any way.

DK was the first installment in the Mario franchise which then spun off into SMB, and now DK is a subseries of Mario. Its Mario, end of story.

And yet DKC has absolutely nothing to do with Mario whatsoever. Its like saying WarioWare's just like Mario Galaxy because Wario came from SML2.
#12KAMMYqueenPosted 6/15/2013 6:03:26 AM
Ranmaru-2 posted...
I don't think anybody actually wanted retro's game to be donkey kong again.

oh do you?
#13GloryChaosPosted 6/15/2013 6:12:27 AM
Ranmaru-2 posted...
Even though I enjoy those franchises, I want some new installments of their other IPs. Like star fox, metroid, f-zero.

I really wish that after Skyward Sword, Nintendo never said anything about another Zelda game. That way, fans could Pre-maturely claim that the series was dead because there were no new games after 2011.

The last metroid game came out in 2010 and they've already said that they want to see its future on the Wii U. Sakamoto has said it. Miyamoto has said it. And metroid is somehow ignored...?
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png
#14Wiiplayer111Posted 6/15/2013 6:14:57 AM
DeathSoul2000 posted...
AhnoldDood posted...
Yeah, lets just keep ignoring the recent Fire Emblem, Kid Icarus, Donkey Kong, X...

fire emblem is niche, kid icarus only got 2 games in the past 20 years, and donkey kong is mario.

"Nintendo needs to use its other IPs."
"Well what about all these."
"Those don't count because they don't meet my imaginary criteria."
---
Look at you.... sticking to the plan.
didyouknowgaming.com
#15mmc2679Posted 6/15/2013 6:15:21 AM
I could care less about Mario or Zelda. But I can never have too much of Pokemon. But I agree. Ninty should focus on something else other than the big "three".
---
PSN ID: Mustq
Wii U ID: Crimson
#16UFOLochePosted 6/15/2013 6:18:07 AM
mmc2679 posted...
I could care less about Mario or Zelda. But I can never have too much of Pokemon. But I agree. Ninty should focus on something else other than the big "three".

Give it time, Nintendo is trying to push out titles to draw in customers for the WiiU. I guarantee that next E3 they'll be showing a Metroid title.

I am curious on how DKCRTF took 3 years, though...
---
PSN:Marioandli Skype:Viewtifulninja1
Legends never die!
#17ZeroArcheryPosted 6/15/2013 6:22:38 AM
Nintendo has over 100 IPs.

They don't need new characters, they have enough. As long as they're using their characters in new unique ways, there should never be a problem.

Original characters do not sell. Recognizable characters used in new ways does.

Example: Mario and Luigi series. Nothing about the series is related to Mario other than the looks. If you replaced them with original characters, not only would it be a new IP to people, but it would not have sold as well.

They used their existing universe in a new creative way and appealed to those wanting a more serious RPG with Mario characters like in Mario RPG.

Mario 3D World will give us a new spin on the 3D Mario scene which used to only be a Hub world with stages that you repeatedly went through. That's what defined it-- and now they're breaking that mold and bringing back classics, with a fresh new spin.

That's my take on it, anyway.
---
Official President of the NST
'But Neku, I thought you couldn't afford to lose? Give up on yourself, and you give up on the world.' - Joshua
#18wombatkiddPosted 6/15/2013 6:54:15 AM
DeathSoul2000 posted...
DK was the first installment in the Mario franchise which then spun off into SMB, and now DK is a subseries of Mario. Its Mario, end of story.

ITP:

Voyager is TNG
Torchwood is Doctor Who
Dr. Phil is Opra
Promised land is Touched By An Angel
Xena: Warrio Princess is Hercules: the Legendary Journeys
Beast Wars is Transforemers G1
Team Knight Rider is Knight Rider
Stargate Univers is Stargate SG1

Yep. This is some top notch logic.
---
---
"Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master."
#19DeathSoul2000Posted 6/15/2013 7:00:21 AM
wombatkidd posted...
DeathSoul2000 posted...

ITP:

Voyager is TNG
Torchwood is Doctor Who
Dr. Phil is Opra

Mario vs. Donkey Kong.
#20wombatkiddPosted 6/15/2013 7:06:41 AM
DeathSoul2000 posted...
wombatkidd posted...
DeathSoul2000 posted...

ITP:

Voyager is TNG
Torchwood is Doctor Who
Dr. Phil is Opra

Mario vs. Donkey Kong.

Yeah cause none of the series I mentioned had any cross overs... oh wait.
---
---
"Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master."