Why would anyone want the same game on 3 consoles?

#1JonbazookabozPosted 6/15/2013 1:00:55 PM
I buy nintendo for the 1st parties and exclusives. Just like i buy the 1st party and exclusives on xbox and ps. I bought ps3 day one and have never once bought a third party game on it (i mean why when its on xbox.) If you look at the 'good' third party games that are coming to ps4 and xbone and not wii u, you would only buy one copy of the game anyway- so just look at it like 'that is their' exclusives; else i dont think i could find a reason to want to purchase those other consoles as well as my wii u. 1st party releases on microsoft and sonys consoles have always been very slow and have always had long development times, if it wasnt for third party games on those consoles there would barely be a game to play.

Who only owns one console in this day and age anyway? If you are a gamer just cough up the cash and get the best of all worlds. No one ever said it was a cheap hobby.
---
"If PAC-MAN had affected us kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music!"
#2The_DS_KingPosted 6/15/2013 4:36:01 PM
Who only owns one console in this day and age anyway? If you are a gamer just cough up the cash and get the best of all worlds. No one ever said it was a cheap hobby.

You might be underestimating the amount of disposable income people have nowadays.
---
this is just a shape of things to come
#3Golden MavenPosted 6/15/2013 4:38:18 PM
Jonbazookaboz posted...
Who only owns one console in this day and age anyway?

*raises hand*

I owned the PS3 and Wii, but that is the only time I ever owned more than one console. Typically, I pick a console and stick with it. I don't know how people can manage to run out of games to play that they need more than one console.
#4TheNazzaroPosted 6/15/2013 4:41:51 PM
Gaming PC and Wii-U, best of both worlds. Although if the Wii-U is emulated in the next year, will probably stick with that.
---
Use code BOSTONSTRONG to have 50% of your purchase go to the One Fund, helping victims in Boston http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheNazzaro
#5jsb0714Posted 6/15/2013 5:06:30 PM
Golden Maven posted...
Jonbazookaboz posted...
Who only owns one console in this day and age anyway?

*raises hand*

I owned the PS3 and Wii, but that is the only time I ever owned more than one console. Typically, I pick a console and stick with it. I don't know how people can manage to run out of games to play that they need more than one console.

For me PS1/N64 was the only time I owned more than one in the same generation. These boards tend to create the illusion of people owning multiple consoles when one console and a PC (though not necessarily a "gaming" PC) is probably way more commonplace.
---
"There are 10 types of people. Those who understand binary and those who do not." -Someone who came up with this
#6The PopoPosted 6/15/2013 5:20:27 PM
Of all my friends who I would consider casual gamers, only one has multiple consoles for gen 7. Everyone else has 1 or none.
---
Live action Hungry Hungry Hippos though, now that was a sport. ~Aeon Azuran
#7FireKatKidPosted 6/15/2013 5:29:18 PM
TheNazzaro posted...
Gaming PC and Wii-U, best of both worlds.

If Sly and Ratchet went on pc/wiiu i'd be set for life.