Will Super Mario 3D World sell Wii U consoles?

#1Darkside_ShadowPosted 6/15/2013 2:09:08 PM
I just dont see it.
And Smash and Mario Kart 8 are 2014

What is gonna happen too the Wii U when Ps4 is established over the holiday?
Ps4 at $399 and possibly $349 some months into 2014...

#2FilthyLittleBoiPosted 6/15/2013 2:10:20 PM
Not many
#3The_DS_KingPosted 6/15/2013 2:14:06 PM
I can see a price drop bundle, Wii U + 3D World at $299, pushing a bunch of units. At the current prices, I feel the value just isnt there compared to the PS4.
---
this is just a shape of things to come
#4AhnoldDoodPosted 6/15/2013 2:16:06 PM
Its the bigger and better sequel to the fastest selling, and best selling, 3DS game. The answer is a "No duh."
#5king_maddenPosted 6/15/2013 2:42:37 PM
AhnoldDood posted...
Its the bigger and better sequel to the fastest selling, and best selling, 3DS game. The answer is a "No duh."

3ds =/= wiiU

can you people please stop comparing a handheld to consoles
#6AhnoldDoodPosted 6/15/2013 2:44:39 PM
king_madden posted...
AhnoldDood posted...

3ds =/= wiiU

can you people please stop comparing a handheld to consoles

You keep telling yourself that. Give me a good reason why people won't buy the bigger, better, HD ('cuz peoples love HD) sequel to the best selling 3DS game? You think NSMBDS didn't influence NSMBW's sales?
#7blinkfreakPosted 6/15/2013 2:45:29 PM
I don't think it will sell many Wii Us because most of the people that would buy the game already have a Wii U. If the game were more like SM64 and prettier and bigger than Galaxy, I could easily see the game being a system seller.
#8FenderMasterPosted 6/15/2013 2:52:02 PM
Nope. It would probably sell 3DS's, but not WiiU's
---
http://www.jvp-boston.org
#9blankempathyPosted 6/15/2013 2:53:04 PM
of course it will its targeted towards the family audience or "casuals" if you will. Not saying that its bad or core gamers wont buy it too (i know I am) but thats clearly who multiplayer like that appeals to. Hell with the core gamers busy with the ps4/x1 this holiday season and if they have a shortage, as they most likely will it makes the wii u even that more appealing. Its pretty smart actually when you think about it. Donkey kong and mario games are some of the most appealing games to the general audience. I mean everyone knows who they are. Does everyone know who samus or fox mccloud are? No. While Nintendo isn't making bold moves they're making moves still. The only hitch I can really see is if the x1 fails to sell out or if sony can manage to not have a shortage. Nintendo is all about boosting their casual install base this Holiday season.
---
SSBB Emp FC - 4983-4589-2680 Southern Californian Brawler
#10deathwave21Posted 6/15/2013 2:53:54 PM
Ps4 basic at $399 and possibly $349 some months into 2014...

Fix'd

I actually do see SM3DW selling consoles if it is more than what was shown during the ND. It has the potential to be on par with Galaxy, so if this is the case; then yes, I see it assisting in moving more consoles this holiday season.
---
Do you want to go to college for free? Go Marines!