Why Nintendo Doesn't See Microsoft or Sony as Competition..

#31DiscostewSMPosted 6/16/2013 7:33:13 PM
ixoria posted...
HayashiTakara posted...
ixoria posted...
its_matt posted...
So Sony and Microsoft are using all the money they make from selling consoles and games to develop the next gen hardware whilst Nintendo just make hardware with mostly old technology so they can have a nice healthy bank balance?

This. Nintendo can get richer and richer and yet the quality of games they deliver keep on shrinking. It's all about the money for Nintendo while Sony does everything to make their customers proud of system.

Must be nice living in lala land.

Must be nice to play a system that only has 10% 3rd party support.

Maybe, but with Nintendo being financially stable for decades to come while other companies are bleeding money through their gaming divisions, at some point they won't be able to sustain such loses, and will drop out of the console race, leaving only Nintendo and all 3rd parties that initially left Nintendo.

Nintendo is thinking of their future, by giving a decent boost of specs each generation instead of going all out and risking financial instability, so they have something to work with later on.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#32BLACK_HUNTEXPosted 6/16/2013 7:57:42 PM
this is fake, don't believe some photoshop pic without a reliable source.
#33king_maddenPosted 6/16/2013 7:57:44 PM
DiscostewSM posted...
ixoria posted...
HayashiTakara posted...
ixoria posted...
its_matt posted...
So Sony and Microsoft are using all the money they make from selling consoles and games to develop the next gen hardware whilst Nintendo just make hardware with mostly old technology so they can have a nice healthy bank balance?

This. Nintendo can get richer and richer and yet the quality of games they deliver keep on shrinking. It's all about the money for Nintendo while Sony does everything to make their customers proud of system.

Must be nice living in lala land.

Must be nice to play a system that only has 10% 3rd party support.

Maybe, but with Nintendo being financially stable for decades to come while other companies are bleeding money through their gaming divisions, at some point they won't be able to sustain such loses, and will drop out of the console race, leaving only Nintendo and all 3rd parties that initially left Nintendo.

Nintendo is thinking of their future, by giving a decent boost of specs each generation instead of going all out and risking financial instability, so they have something to work with later on.

so today is apparently "make up whatever we want to say" day.

ok ummm....

sushi spies mexican fried chicken sauce.
#34GigantLuffyPosted 6/16/2013 8:02:15 PM
The_DS_King posted...
Nintendo's first loss in 30 years was with the Wii in 2012
http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2012/05/02/nintendo-reports-its-first-annual-loss-in-three-decades-over-500-million-in-the-red/

I have a feeling 2013 with the WiiU will be similar. But still, Nintendo clearly knows how to make money, and have plenty of bank to turn things around.

Funny how the chart was made before it could've chronicled their first loss.
---
Official Getter Robo of your heart
PSQuadruple and WiiU are loaded baby!
#35MichaelWStevensPosted 6/16/2013 8:05:47 PM
Anyone know if the Basic version sells at a loss or is it just the Deluxe?
---
http://www.gplus.to/MichaelStevens | http://www.youtube.com/StevensMichaelW
Follow me on Twitter: @StevensMichaelW -- Aspiring writer and gaming journalist
#36Gaawa_chanPosted 6/16/2013 9:54:28 PM
They're smart at their business, you have to give them that. It's why I always laugh when I see people talking like Nintendo is about to wink out of existence.
---
"Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error." - Linus Pauling
#37kyle78Posted 6/17/2013 12:18:08 AM
Well if any of you are real gamers, which I'm only a handful of you actually are. You would own all the platforms, for the ultimate gaming experience. If you trying to compare which is best, outside of your own opinion of course. Look at the sales figures, remember children no matter how you slice it,dice it or spin it... Math never lies.
---
X360-KyleHboc
PSN-KyleHbocc
#38MetalKirbyPlushPosted 6/17/2013 12:41:45 AM
Marblesbunbun posted...
iKhanic posted...
Question TC, is that for Sony and Microsoft's game divisions or for the companies as a whole? I'd cut Microsoft a bit of slack because they are being run by a guy with only half a brain.

Game Divisions only.

Jesus, how? I realize the DS was extremely successful but hot damn. If the 3DS' more recent path to great success is anything to indicate, the losses from Wii U sales are negligible (although still a real concern until they get it back on track).
---
Samus ruined Metroid forever. She keeps killing them. ~CTsChoco
#39CasualGamersPosted 6/17/2013 12:49:17 AM
To be fair, it takes a lot of capital to launch a new brand/product, especially a console. I don't think we will be seeing the ouya being that successful. <--This is actually laughable how people think that the ouya will eat Nintendo alive.

With that being said, I hope Nintendo kicks Sony's and M$'$ butt!

Nintendo is here to stay with their amazing franchises.
#40phy2jshPosted 6/17/2013 12:51:02 AM
An excel spreadsheet, with absolutely no source stated, prompted this much debate? With only the occasional person questioning the validity of the data? This board is amazing. Try using your brains people.