Why Nintendo Doesn't See Microsoft or Sony as Competition..

#51CrystalKing5426Posted 6/20/2013 11:26:40 PM
phy2jsh posted...
An excel spreadsheet, with absolutely no source stated, prompted this much debate? With only the occasional person questioning the validity of the data? This board is amazing. Try using your brains people.

If you think it's false, feel free to disprove it.
---
Other M is the One More Day of Metroid
Evil King of the Zelda Wii U Board
#52Emerald_MeliosPosted 6/24/2013 2:38:56 PM
kyle78 posted...
Well if any of you are real gamers, which I'm only a handful of you actually are. You would own all the platforms, for the ultimate gaming experience. If you trying to compare which is best, outside of your own opinion of course. Look at the sales figures, remember children no matter how you slice it,dice it or spin it... Math never lies.

That's not always financially reasonable, given how pricey consoles can be.
#53BuretsuPosted 6/24/2013 2:40:59 PM
sonic777 posted...
Glory to Nintendo for having a fat bank account!!!

That fans don't see a penny of!

No, last time I checked, video game companies don't generally pay money to their fans.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#54darkjedilinkPosted 6/24/2013 2:45:44 PM(edited)
Nintendo doesn't see either of them as competition because the P&L statements of their respective gaming divisions prove they aren't.

What that infographic doesn't take into account is the amount of debt each company has in relation to their gaming divisions - Sony has a LOT, which is why their credit has been downgraded numerous times over the past few years, and MS certainly has quite a bit, because they farm everything out. Nintendo has none. That means that every dime of that profit for the last few years went straight to the bank to pad their account.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#55Jiryn(Topic Creator)Posted 6/24/2013 4:37:10 PM
darkjedilink posted...
Nintendo doesn't see either of them as competition because the P&L statements of their respective gaming divisions prove they aren't.

What that infographic doesn't take into account is the amount of debt each company has in relation to their gaming divisions - Sony has a LOT, which is why their credit has been downgraded numerous times over the past few years, and MS certainly has quite a bit, because they farm everything out. Nintendo has none. That means that every dime of that profit for the last few years went straight to the bank to pad their account.

Good point, I never thought about it.
---
Mewtwo_Soul: "You can't trust a smile from Sony, but you'd better watch your back after shaking Microsoft's hand."