Did people complain when Retro announced Metroid Prime 2 and 3?

#1GameGenieFanPosted 6/16/2013 1:50:09 PM
But they become "outraged" over a sequel to Donkey Kong Country. Why?
#2biggy204Posted 6/16/2013 1:51:34 PM
They'd rather have another Metroid Prime game then another DKC game.
---
"Do you smelllllllllllllllllllllll what The Rock Is Cookin" - the Rock
"No but who farted??" - Everyone else
#3JonbazookabozPosted 6/16/2013 1:51:41 PM
Im lookin forward to DK. Whatever retro make i will buy.
---
"If PAC-MAN had affected us kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music!"
#4jackorhoadsPosted 6/16/2013 3:03:12 PM
Yes they complained. People also complained at Zelda Skyward Swords art style....people also complained about the OOT remake being on 3ds and not in HD....people also complained about Sega making F-Zero on gamecube (soon stopped as it turned out awesome).

People just like to complain.
---
Gamefaqs: Where 14 year olds make fun of 13 year olds for acting like 12 year olds
PSN: jacksonrr & Wiiu Nintendo Network ID: SonicKidd
#5Soanevalcke6Posted 6/16/2013 3:04:51 PM
Wait, there are people complaining about Retro making a sequel to the best Platformer the industry has seen in almost 3 generations?
---
Prime Corruption humanizes aliens better than Other M humanizes humans.
PSN/NNID/Steam: Soanevalcke6
#6The_DS_KingPosted 6/16/2013 3:08:20 PM
jackorhoads posted...
Yes they complained. People also complained at Zelda Skyward Swords art style....people also complained about the OOT remake being on 3ds and not in HD....people also complained about Sega making F-Zero on gamecube (soon stopped as it turned out awesome).

People just like to complain.

Yep, my favorite was when people complained that Wind Waker was too kiddy, then complained that Twilight Princess was a dark OoT clone.
#7Baha05Posted 6/16/2013 3:21:22 PM
I doubt it, the Metroid Prime series tends to have teasers for the next game, so people assume that the there is going to be a sequel.
---
"I will take the advice of PS3 over you, any day of the week. Especially, when you state that all aspect ratios are the same." Some Crazy Guy
#8DEKMStephensPosted 6/16/2013 3:27:06 PM
GameGenieFan posted...
But they become "outraged" over a sequel to Donkey Kong Country. Why?

Because I want someone else making Donkey Kong, I didn't like their job on the first one.
---
The official nothing of nothing at the moment.
Return Moe! D:<
#9krazychao5Posted 6/16/2013 3:48:51 PM
as much as i liked the prime trilogy, i enjoyed dkcr immensely and am glad they chose to make a sequel
---
This will not change until Michigan wins the National Championship ~Signed October 2nd, 2006~
Detroit Red Wings 2007-08 Stanley Cup Champions
#10SteeI_ShadowsPosted 6/16/2013 4:52:25 PM
Considering they established themselves with the Prime games then showed they weren't a one trick pony with DKCR, they hyped us when they said they were working on a big new game, which turned out to be a sequel to their last game running on basically an updated engine.

I had all but convinced myself it would be something like Star Fox. Combine that with the ridicilous number of platformers coming out and it felt kind of anticlimactic.
---
An eye for an eye leaves the world blind. B****in', eye patches for everyone!