"Nintendo Is Making All the Wrong Moves and Throwing Away Its Future"

#1nickvd8Posted 6/16/2013 3:16:37 PM
http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2013/06/16/nintendo-is-making-all-the-wrong-moves-and-throwin.aspx

Watch the video on that page, some "analyst" ranting about Nintendo. All of his complaints are thing I'm glad Nintendo doesn't do. A "freemium" Mario Kart? Oh you mean the games where you get nickle and dimed to death? No thanks.

Discuss.
---
We need Castlevania: Bloodlines on Wii U VC.
#2BuretsuPosted 6/16/2013 3:18:35 PM
www.fool.com

How apropos.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#3darkjedilinkPosted 6/16/2013 4:49:13 PM
Buretsu posted...
www.fool.com

How apropos.

Exactly. People tend to forget the fact that Nintendo is sitting on BILLIONS of dollars, and no debt. They can lose money for YEARS.

Nintendo isn't going anywhere anytime soon.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#4Rev0luti0nN0wPosted 6/16/2013 4:53:23 PM
darkjedilink posted...
Buretsu posted...
www.fool.com

How apropos.

Exactly. People tend to forget the fact that Nintendo is sitting on BILLIONS of dollars, and no debt. They can lose money for YEARS.

Thats not exactly a winning strategy...

With that said, there's no reason to panic or switch off consoles. Even if the Wii U fails they have the 3ds.
---
PC: 2500k, 16 gb ram, 7970, 3 tb/2tb/128 gb samsung 830/6 monitor eyefinity
PSN: Zellio2010 Xbox Live: Zellio2009 NintendoID: Zellio2013
#5ixoriaPosted 6/16/2013 5:03:12 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#6IcedEarthaholicPosted 6/16/2013 5:05:23 PM
ixoria posted...
darkjedilink posted...
Buretsu posted...
www.fool.com

How apropos.

Nintendo isn't interested on sharing their money to their customers unlike what Sony and Microsoft does. Nintendo doesn't care they just want everybody's money.

If you say so ix, I think the software coming down the pipeline later this year, and early next year would say you're full of **** but that's just me.
---
Want to help bring Fatal Frame Deep Crimson Butterfly to NA?Join Operation Zero https://www.facebook.com/pages/Operation-Zero/131582506953973
#7hiphops_saviorPosted 6/16/2013 5:06:37 PM
darkjedilink posted...
Buretsu posted...
www.fool.com

How apropos.

I've seen companies with trillions go down under in a matter of days.
#8darkjedilinkPosted 6/16/2013 5:14:21 PM(edited)
hiphops_savior posted...
darkjedilink posted...
Buretsu posted...
www.fool.com

How apropos.

Name one. I guarantee you it wasn't because of one poor-selling product.

As a matter of fact, I guarantee you're lying. I guarantee you cannot name one company that has TRILLIONS with a T dollars in a bank account, in cash, not counting other non-cash assets or IP, and zero debt, that folded within days.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#9darkjedilinkPosted 6/16/2013 5:25:11 PM(edited)
ixoria posted...
darkjedilink posted...
Buretsu posted...
www.fool.com

How apropos.

Nintendo isn't interested on sharing their money to their customers unlike what Sony and Microsoft does. Nintendo doesn't care they just want everybody's money.

Those companies that charge you money to play your games online are "sharing their money with their customers?" What money? The Xbox division and SCE are both unprofitable over their lifetimes, and Sony hasn't made a dime of profit in seven years!

What does that say about Nintendo, who let me play my online games for free since the GameCube days?
---
#10aluminafalconPosted 6/16/2013 5:17:54 PM
hiphops_savior posted...
darkjedilink posted...
Buretsu posted...
www.fool.com

How apropos.

Please name your example

I'm going to say only enron, lehman brothers, and bear sterns would come close and none had networth in the trillions. Second each of those were based on extreme circumstances. Enron was lying about its assets, lehman and bear sterns were overexposed to mortage bonds which had been crashing for months ahead of time. So unless you have a specfic example I'm calling bs
---
fc 2279 7884 6593