Game Informer Says Nintendo Could Solve Its Wii U Problems With A New Metroid

#1YamiYugi4400Posted 6/16/2013 3:21:51 PM
http://mynintendonews.com/2013/06/16/game-informer-says-nintendo-could-solve-its-wii-u-problems-with-a-new-metroid/

Many gamers donít feel like they have a reason to own a Wii U. Metroid might give them that reason, Nintendo. Some gamers feel slightly burned by the Wiiís slow trickle of exciting titles? All the more reason to release a proven series for the Wii U. Maybe people are worried that the Wii U doesnít have the graphical horsepower to keep them entertained, but games like Super Meat Boy, Minecraft, and Xenoblade Chronicles have pretty well proved that you donít need bleeding edge hardware and photorealistic graphics to make an entertaining game. A Metroid game could also show gamers what the Wii U is really capable of Ė remember how amazing Metroid Prime looked on the GameCube?
---
Exodia - Obliterate!!!
#2hiphops_saviorPosted 6/16/2013 3:22:33 PM
Are they still butthurt about the announcement during E3?
#3MilesTeg420Posted 6/16/2013 3:24:47 PM
Says you don't need graphics for great games. Mentions game with arguably best graphics on Wii.
#4AncientTempestPosted 6/16/2013 3:28:49 PM
Not going to happen, in fact, this may make them delay it even more. Nintendo has shown time and time again they like to do things their way, even if conclusive marketing research shows doing things differently could raise sales 400%.
#5ArchsazePosted 6/16/2013 3:32:48 PM
Sucks that Retro is shouldering the blame for developing a game they wanted to make. I wish they made the right choice of metroid over DK (Nintendo gave them those two options) but they went with what made them happy.
#6blinkfreakPosted 6/16/2013 3:49:57 PM
Archsaze posted...
Sucks that Retro is shouldering the blame for developing a game they wanted to make. I wish they made the right choice of metroid over DK (Nintendo gave them those two options) but they went with what made them happy.

Either game would have been great. I am really excited for the new DK. I would have been really excited for a new metroid as well. But I think since Retro wanted to do DK they probably have new ideas and would put more thought and effort into it than they would have put into a new metroid if they didn't want to do the new metroid.
#7ArchsazePosted 6/16/2013 3:52:02 PM
blinkfreak posted...
Archsaze posted...

Either game would have been great. I am really excited for the new DK. I would have been really excited for a new metroid as well. But I think since Retro wanted to do DK they probably have new ideas and would put more thought and effort into it than they would have put into a new metroid if they didn't want to do the new metroid.

Your reasoning is pretty much what Michael said when he defended his choice in an interview. They had ideas and wanted to keep working on Donkey Kong. They made the right choice-just not for my personal tastes, you know? I suck at platformers lol. Still on world 3 of nsmbu and I've had it since November.
#8MelkacPosted 6/16/2013 4:39:01 PM
MilesTeg420 posted...
Says you don't need graphics for great games. Mentions game with arguably best graphics on Wii.

He's obviously talking about how wonderful Prime's graphics were during the Gamecube era, very few games looked that great (with so much attention to detail) on ANY console.

...Also, Metroid is one of Nintendo's most famous...but less successful franchise. It's well known, yeah, but most games sell 1mil copies on average.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43C2aBKMqeA
#9Jack_the_monke7Posted 6/16/2013 4:49:36 PM
Metroid would sell maybe a million consoles at most. I believe Donkey Kong can do the same.
---
King Boo for Super Smash Bros.
Spread the word, show your support
#10InfamouslyNycePosted 6/16/2013 4:54:26 PM
This may not have been his point, but this is my stance on Metroid on Wii U.

Metroid is a franchise that has an appealing artstyle for children and young adults. The game could be 2D or 3D, first person or side scrolling and it would still be visually stimulating.

But I personally feel that they shouldn't rush a Metroid game until they get fully comfortable with HD development.

I'm also not against Nintendo doing with Metroid what they have with Mario. Maybe creating 3 Metroid titles on Wii U, one being a first person action adventure, another being a competitive multiplayer, and maybe a sidescrolling action adventure.

These are just some of the options they have. Metroid is an awesome franchise and can easily become a western territory cash cow, without alienating its current fanbase.
---
Nintendo Network ID: Inf4mous